single and double head stands?

rodney69

Oak vista panel heads for charity, fastest to service most versatile. Northwestern for racks fastest to service most versatile. I use different machines because the service activity is different for racks and charity. Most folks never get it . You save one second on servicing 5000 heads every service over thirty years and you have made a lot more money ( or had more vacations) did I ever mention that most triples belong in a dumpster?

The problem with small light weight pipe stands is some locations prop their doors open and expose gumballs to sunlight. Also easier to steal. I like heavier stands like ford.

Another West Coast source for stands is bluebarvending.com . Sometimes he runs a special on import pipe stands and they also have a decent 4 head rack priced good.

Depends on volume and customer expectations. Some corp accts demand monthly service which makes them labor expensive. If you have a good relationship with your independents they understand your cost situation and will tolerate a longer cycle

Even if it's not a huge risk, whatever risk there is with a smaller/lighter base will compound if you ever decide to add a machine or two for busy locations (to upgrade from a single to a double or triple).  The wider heavier base would be better suited to handle the more top-heavy set-up.

Let me say this again: I do not own any of the smaller-based stands. So I'm not knocking the smaller bases from experience.

I just wouldn't be interested in buying pipe-stands with smaller bases because the base is what primarily steadies your whole set-up no matter what you mount on there.

Let your earnings decide.

If by "4 ways" you are referring to vendesign or u-turns the decision on what to install is easy.

Those "4 ways" that are doing well should not be replaced with a single == go with a rack.

Those "4 ways" not doing so well are the ones you should consider going with a single...or a double AT MOST.

Even if it's not a huge risk, whatever risk there is with a smaller/lighter base will compound if you ever decide to add a machine or two for busy locations (to upgrade from a single to a double or triple).  The wider heavier base would be better suited to handle the more top-heavy set-up.

Let me say this again: I do not own any of the smaller-based stands. So I'm not knocking the smaller bases from experience.

I just wouldn't be interested in buying pipe-stands with smaller bases because the base is what primarily steadies your whole set-up no matter what you mount on there.

Let your earnings decide.

If by "4 ways" you are referring to vendesign or u-turns the decision on what to install is easy.

Those "4 ways" that are doing well should not be replaced with a single == go with a rack.

Those "4 ways" not doing so well are the ones you should consider going with a single...or a double AT MOST.

I run a lot of single gumball machines and the smaller base stands with the 24" pipe are fine for those.  I also use the pipe stand with a 2" machine (either a 20" or 25" machine) converted to vend 1" toys. Service cycle is 3-4 months on these. That is where I will not use the 12" base.I tried one out in the shop and it just felt top heavy. The length of the pipe is fine either way for me. But Sherlock does make a good point.

I run a lot of single gumball machines and the smaller base stands with the 24" pipe are fine for those.  I also use the pipe stand with a 2" machine (either a 20" or 25" machine) converted to vend 1" toys. Service cycle is 3-4 months on these. That is where I will not use the 12" base.I tried one out in the shop and it just felt top heavy. The length of the pipe is fine either way for me. But Sherlock does make a good point.

This is where I show my ignorance in toys and so on again, but in what instance would you put a bigger machine on a pipe stand instead of a rack? 

This is where I show my ignorance in toys and so on again, but in what instance would you put a bigger machine on a pipe stand instead of a rack? 

Hi traffic C store that has very little space. Only room for 1 machine.

Archived