first vending route

qz111

i am going to buy my first route so what do you think. 3 antares combo vending machines on location. they are selling them for 380 each and make 40-60 per month and no commission. i was thinking it would be a grate price for entry level but the antares machines are terrible from what i have heard should i buy it? 

:unsure:

i am going to buy my first route so what do you think. 3 antares combo vending machines on location. they are selling them for 380 each and make 40-60 per month and no commission. i was thinking it would be a grate price for entry level but the antares machines are terrible from what i have heard should i buy it? :unsure:

I started in this biz just over a year ago. Bought highly overpriced machines and had to locate them myself. I had to move them so many times because 10 bucks a week ain't even gonna pay for the product you'll have to throw out as stale. I finally lucked out and got three very good locations that are averaging 70-90 a week, one dog location at 20 a week. Anything under 100-150 a month will end up costing you huge. I was throwing out on average 175 a month in stale product. I just bought a route three times larger than i started wiith and wih much better equipment for one tenth of what I started out with and already grossed over 1600 for the first three weeks. Don't buy junk and don't go anywhere near anything less then 50 a week in sales.

Just my humble opinion.

I have serviced a route with 10 Antares machines. First off, Antares should not even be considered vending machines. They suck. From one end to the other, they suck. Antares were only manufactured to sucker newbies into vending. Do not buy any route that is Antares based. Keep looking. Look for routes with locations that have a separate snack and separate soda machines. Nothing combo'd together with names like Antares, Genesis, Bull Dog and Seaga. No matter how cheap the price is, you'll lose. The 10 machines I serviced were offered free to me and I turned them down. Then someone else was offered them for free and they worked it just like I did and gave them back. I think they all ended up in the scrap pile where they belong.

8 years ago they were being marketed as a start up business. The deal was you bought 3 machines with "guaranteed" locations for 10k and great financing. I knew a few people that got in on it and lost their asses.

i am going to buy my first route so what do you think. 3 antares combo vending machines on location. they are selling them for 380 each and make 40-60 per month and no commission. i was thinking it would be a grate price for entry level but the antares machines are terrible from what i have heard should i buy it? 

:unsure:

I would look at this as a possible opportunity to place larger machines only.  You say they are currently doing $40 to $60 a month (net or gross?)  The problem with almost any combo machine is that they won't hold enough product to make any serious money unless you service the hell out of them which in itself is inefficient and therefore not profitable.  That said, it could be that these accounts would do much better with full size machines that you'd only need to service twice a month.  It all depends upon what type of accounts you've got there.  If the locations are good ones, then the $380 apiece would be a good price to secure them and put in some decent equipment - in no way would you want to consider maintaining the Antares machines.  Consider the value of the locations only and plan on scrapping the POS Antares machines.

So I'm think I will try to buy one spot for 380 and replace it with a pop machine since pop takes long to go bad. If it makes good money form just the pop I will buy the other two and add both snack and pop. The machines make 40-60 gross per machine

So I'm think I will try to buy one spot for 380 and replace it with a pop machine since pop takes long to go bad. If it makes good money form just the pop I will buy the other two and add both snack and pop. The machines make 40-60 gross per machine

Sounds like a plan as long as you're aware that you're betting on increased sales - $60 gross will not be worth fooling with.

Sorry...have to say..I own a couple antares..but in no way would I buy a route of them. To do decently you should at least pull 40 dollars a week from it..(and that's not even fully selling out your stock in the machine!)they can hold quite a bit..but like someone said if you have a high traffic flow..then they won't hold up. I have a small office setting..which are perfect for those machines..but they are the bottom of the barrel.I would not buy brand new ones for sure..not worth it

!!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

I am just starting out too. I just bought my 10th soda machine over the weekend. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to skip on a couple of these machines. I have made a couple of purchases that I should have passed on because I felt I needed a machine right away and because I thought the deal was good. Of course, as soon as I bought one a way better deal came along. I should have waited, I should have asked for advice here.

When buying a used soda maybe a good check list would be in order for any one wanting to buy. You could use a list of things to check. For instance a really good CN vendor in excellent shape is worth $800 on Location $1000

I'll Start and others can add to it

Graphics are a plus. Sign face lit up and sides are either black and clean. No faded decals. Deduct $150 if not

Buttons clear with new flavor strips. Yellowed and ugly flavor strips. Deduct $75

Bill validator. Maka, VFM, or BA 30 or no Validator deduct $125

Inside 

Coin mech Mars 6800 H or equivalent If not deduct $100

Door seal clean and not torn especially around delivery chute. If not $50

Compressor cooling good?  If not Deduct $325.00

Run each column by depressing motor switch. Listen for a smooth sound as you make the motor do at least 2 revolutions. If it makes a metal scraping noise or grinding sound on the single column there is most likely a bent cup. Deduct $50 for each bent cup. Make sure all shims are in place.

Insert money in different denominations after credit relay sets continue to drop a few coins in to make sure they come out the coin return. That way you know the coin mech hasn't any jams.  Deduct $100 for defective coin mech

After coins try bill validator. Make sure it runs smooth and sets credit change is paid out and vends. Deduct $100 for defective bill validqtor

One thing customers  notice when setting a new vendor is looks. It has to be clean. Make sure to wipe off the top and the bottom. They see these things when bringing them inside. You do not want them to think you are bring in junk and neither do you.

Age of the vendor is of no importance but cleanliness is. All the way from your appearance the equipment you use and your transportation. You want to look better than they guy they just booted.

Do not get in a hurry. Take the time to look over the path you will be taking and how you are going to place it before you come in with vendor.  

I am just starting out too. I just bought my 10th soda machine over the weekend. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to skip on a couple of these machines. I have made a couple of purchases that I should have passed on because I felt I needed a machine right away and because I thought the deal was good. Of course, as soon as I bought one a way better deal came along. I should have waited, I should have asked for advice here.

It's always a good idea to have a pair of machines on hand and ready to go so you don't get stuck buying just anything to fulfill a location requirement.  Just don't get like me,  three car garage half filled with good machines - I'd post a picture but I can't find my wide angle lens  ;D  ;D  ;D

i'm happy i did not buy the machine yet. i found a much better deal. 800 for a location doing 200 a month. the guy i leaving the country so that's why he is selling. the guy did not know much about vending because he couldn't tell me if it was a combo pop or snack but he said is has both snack and pop so i know its a combo(sadly)         my question is what's the best way/ways to tell the location is making what they say its making and what is the best place to buy snacks and drinks from in Ontario Canada                                                                            

qz111 I have an account that has 125 people it has 1, DN 501 bottle drink, 1,USI CD 10  can drink 1, food king sandwich1,AP 7600 and 2 microwave ovens . The account only does 250 a week. I have another account witch has 1, DN  501 bottle with a cracked front and a AP 7600. There are  40 rednecks working there and they are working 7 days a week I gross over 700 dollars a week. It is a guessing game sometimes.That is what makes this business interesting.    

qz111 I have an account that has 125 people it has 1, DN 501 bottle drink, 1,USI CD 10  can drink 1, food king sandwich1,AP 7600 and 2 microwave ovens . The account only does 250 a week. I have another account witch has 1, DN  501 bottle with a cracked front and a AP 7600. There are  40 rednecks working there and they are working 7 days a week I gross over 700 dollars a week. It is a guessing game sometimes.That is what makes this business interesting.    

Since when did rednecks work 7 days a week ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

i'm happy i did not buy the machine yet. i found a much better deal. 800 for a location doing 200 a month. the guy i leaving the country so that's why he is selling. the guy did not know much about vending because he couldn't tell me if it was a combo pop or snack but he said is has both snack and pop so i know its a combo(sadly)         my question is what's the best way/ways to tell the location is making what they say its making and what is the best place to buy snacks and drinks from in Ontario Canada

Wholesale club for chips/bars

Murrays wholesale for pop and baked goods

Costco sucks

Archived