FCVG Questionnaire / Susan G Komen

Big Mike

http://fcvg.com/Questionnaire/Questionnaire.htm

This is a link to our questionnaire for potential new members. It serves two purposes. To identify potential new members for FCVG territory. It is also to identify operators that would be interested in the Susan G Komen charity sponsorship program.

If you would have interest in either please take a moment to fill out the questionnaire. We have the Susan G Komen program up and running and are looking for motivated operators to take it to a new level.

Mike   

Hey Mike, I tried to PM you but got an error that you cannot receive new messages.  I submitted an application to Steve Bare awhile back and he said they might be looking to possibly expand in Colorado in the future.  Beyond that, I'm STILL not really sure what a partnership between myself and the FCVG would look like.  I mean, do I pay some sort of commission and they help me find locations?  I'd like to get as much information as you have to help me decide if this is a relationship I'd like to pursue.  Thanks!

Any reason why this information cant just be posted? Just curious.....

There are members of the FCVG that participate in this program as well. If the information were given out, it wouldn't be much benefit to us, meaning a local competitor might end up with the same charity.  I believe our territories are taken into consideration to prevent this from happening.  That's why there is an application process.

I like Big Mike, will answer any questions about this program. I participate in it.  Please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Hey Grazing, I also belong to the FCVG. There are a few members on here that do. 

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks! I am not a member yet. In fact, I am not even sure what the requirements are yet.

Big Mike made the post about it and then a couple of days after he did that, a fella from California happened to call me and ask if I knew anything about it. Just a strange coincidence BUT it did get me curious!!

Havending, Yes this is still a priority. It's just taking a little longer to workout the details than I anticipated. I just don't want to start contacting people without the answers to their questions. We hope to be able to move forward shortly.

Mike

• 2 months later...

There are members of the FCVG that participate in this program as well. If the information were given out, it wouldn't be much benefit to us, meaning a local competitor might end up with the same charity. I believe our territories are taken into consideration to prevent this from happening. That's why there is an application process.

I like Big Mike, will answer any questions about this program. I participate in it. Please PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

The same reason that I hope no one here was foolish enough to fill out the forms. If they did then they gave valuable personal and business information to a company that is looking to build Territories maybe even in their back yard. Its going on three months and no information as far as I know has been given out. Not to us atleast.

We are very interested in working with Susan G. It's one of the most respected charities out there and a great cause.

Looking at a Google search it appears that the program has been running since 2013. Is this the same program or a new version there of?

Out is the program. If you look on the site, they mention the fcvg as helping, but one of the statements on here I think said that fcvg is not a part of that end?

I don't know.

I would do it, but takes a loooooooong time.

The same reason that I hope no one here was foolish enough to fill out the forms. If they did then they gave valuable personal and business information to a company that is looking to build Territories maybe even in their back yard. Its going on three months and no information as far as I know has been given out. Not to us atleast.

We are very interested in working with Susan G. It's one of the most respected charities out there and a great cause.

Looking at a Google search it appears that the program has been running since 2013. Is this the same program or a new version there of?

It is the same program the FCVG already has. It is just being readied to be promoted to non FCVG members. Unfortunately it is taking awhile to work out the details. I am in contact with FCVG board of directors weekly for updates.

Most of the people "foolish" enough to fill out the questionarre are now FCVG members. The name of your company. Where you operate and a few trade references is valuable information?

The FCVG is not "building" territory. We already have national coverage. When we have a need for a new member I have brought it to the Vendiscuss community first. In every case since I have been on the coverage committee we have have brought a Vendiscuss member onboard.

Myself and many other FCVG members on here have answered any and all questions asked.

I wish I had more information but until we can get all details worked out I am just waiting.

Mike

I would also like to add... The 2nd post in this thread I stated I would provide information about the SGK program via PM if you didn't want to fill out the Questionarre since it is mainly for full FCVG membership.

Havending..... I will contact you the day we are ready. I look forward to getting you in the program.

Mike

I would also like to add... The 2nd post in this thread I stated I would provide information about the SGK program via PM if you didn't want to fill out the Questionarre since it is mainly for full FCVG membership.

Havending..... I will contact you the day we are ready. I look forward to getting you in the program.

Mike

I just sent you a pm

Not true Big Mike. And I HATE to say that because I'd like to stay in your good graces and be considered for future membership but, despite numerous PMs to you and other members, I still can't get an explanation of how the FCVG works. What is it? Not even can I be considered, just how does it work? What do I, and the FCVG and Susan G get out of it?

The Ford Commercial Vendors Group is a corporation composed of growth oriented independent distributors providing superior nationwide onsite service for our clients. 

Our members specialize in profitable and charitable bulk vending as well as monetary collections and route services such as surveys.

These 2 statements came straight off the website. There is nothing unscrupulous or shady going on with the FCVG. What BigMike says is true. There are about 10 or so members on here that are FCVG members as well. Some of them recently joined.

The independent distributors are guys like myself and BigMike. That's how the FCVG can offer nationwide service.

While I am not involved in getting new vendors signed up for the SGK charity, I am a participant in the program. It works pretty much like any other bulk charity in my opinion. The benefit is the ease of getting locations.  People like to feel good about helping others and letting a charity machine be placed in their business does exactly that. I win because I get the location.  SGK wins because they get money from me on a regular basis on their terms.

I hope this clears up a few things.

It does, thanks Hillbilly. Does the FCVG actively provide you locations and do you pay a % commission or per location? Do you agree to do anything for them in return? How big is the territory and do you have to do the surveys in your area. The idea of being part of a larger group of vendors that approach their business with a level of professionalism appeals to me.

Well now you are getting into proprietary information. Your questions should be asked privately of the right people, Mike is one of those. Not any different than if a competitor  asked you where you operate, what do you pay, what is in your contracts etc.

Totally agree.  That's why it's been frustrating when I've sent multiple PMs and can't get some of those questions answered.  Also, I didn't ask where Hillbilly operates, I wanted to know how big the territory was.  An entire state, 5 states, 50 miles, etc?  Just the size, not where.  Also didn't ask what he pays - just whether it's a % or per location?  I can see why you'd want to keep that closer to the vest, but even knowing nothing about it, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to assume it's somewhere in the vicinity of 5-20%.  

By the way, I honestly don't mind the secrecy.  I get that once you grow to a certain size or have a protected area, there are definitely details that could be harmful if they were made public knowledge.  But it's okay to own that.  What rubs me the wrong way is repeated posts of Hey now, whoa!  We're an open book.  Anything you want to know you just need to ask.  Okay.  I believe you, but why is it so tough to get some basic details about information you're not hiding? 

Note:  Just my personal experience with it.  Others may have had more luck.  

Archived