Commission?

huynhhh

Uhhhhhh...... I don't know many that low on commission. If it's a good spot then competition will swoop in and take it. Rarely have I ever gotten that low.

I don't even start below 25% any more.

If it's a good spot, 30-40!

When to figure the commission is debatable among vendors some before, some after.

I personally just pay off gross, but I also set the price accordingly, or amount of product.

Where's this 10 to 20% you speak of ? I'm moving there

Lol! Me too! I do have one that is 25, well, 2, but I'm offering to up the equipment and pay more.

What type of business do you get away with 25% ? Are you the only one in there at that rate?

Been in one for 10 years and the other for 7. One it's nothing but candy, so I won't pay any higher. It's a paintball place. I want to try toys again, but awhile back they didn't sell asset all! Weird.

The other one is my busiest spot and they kicked everyone else out! Just upgraded and will be paying 30.

Been blessed!

It's not just a store! It's an indoor paintball field and store!

I would love to figure out what tours I could sell there.

I'm replacing the 8 select with a 6 way rack here soon.

Primarily, around here is 30 min, closer to 40

some of your answers should be clarified.

1. Are doing only candy or toys/stickers?

2. What is your vend price?

3. Are you paying commissions on gross collected or net?

Paying up to 20% of gross on candy only is fair for me and the location. I would not pay more unless it's an exceptional location (over $75.00 a month)

I'll admit I mostly do charity, so not an issues.  I've converted about 4 stops to commissions because they requested it and the location had a good gross.  20% is max. 

In fact, there is not much difference between paying 20% of gross vs 30% of net.  I can show this on a spread sheet.  But some operators come into my location and say will give the location 30% - but they don't say if that's paid on gross or net.  Who knows what is net.  It confuses locations.

Bart

Commission should be based on the location size, traffic volume and amount of equipment placed. Paid  off gross sale.

medium size - volume business
doubles w/ toys    10-20%

4 way racks        25%
interactive machines

large size - high volume business
6 way racks        30%
interactive machines

large size - super high volume business
multiple machines
as many as can fit    35% - 40%

What you pay in commissions is a business decision only you can make after you do the math.  Locations will hear all levels of % from operators but only to sign a locations.  In the end most lie.  Do you really want to work for free? I don't.  Anything more than 20% would need to be highly justified.

Again, I do only candy at 25 cents so I'm going to firm at no more than 20%

Bart

Commission should be based on the location size, traffic volume and amount of equipment placed. Paid off gross sale.

doubles w/ toys 10-20%

4 way racks 25%

interactive machines

large size - high volume business

6 way racks 30%

interactive machines

large size - super high volume business

multiple machines

as many as can fit 35% - 40%

Personally even on a 4 way I would pay 30+ currently. I would just adjust the price point. Only because there is so much competition here.

BUT, I WOULD HAVE 20% PRODUCT COST or less on everything. Unless there is competition, then I adjust accordingly.

Archived