Older Greyhound Crane or Import?

Gs Vending

These two cranes popped up on Craigslist in my area. The Greyhound is $250, and the Magic crane is $300. I think Greyhound would be the better choice because of its known dependability. The Magic crane seems to be a generic import, and parts might be hard to find. What do you guys think is better?

post-8807-0-78372000-1412049541_thumb.jpg

post-8807-0-05097700-1412049552_thumb.jpg

that magic crane is a fire hazard, had a container of those  few years ago and had to rewire them all and then finally sold at auction. Mine where called Magic crane and also Toy Paradise  They are a disaster waiting to happen….i tried to explain to the chinaman the problems with it but he just replied "Do you want moon cake? it our moon festival this month!" 

problem is the carriage (left right part with claw) will come off track(any crane will come off track  if shook really violently enough) easily because it is light and poorly designed and not "tight" to rods and it has no "L" clips to hold it down.. AND on top of that the programming in board has no "time out" feature to send out error code if it doesn't make it back to home position.

So is what happens is some A-hole shakes your machine and get gantry off track and then somebody puts money in it to play, the claw drop and closes and goes back up, but can't make its cycle to exit chute where it would then open claw and let toy fall, so claw stays shut and energized and motors just keep turning for ever as they aren't on track and it can't move.. claw overheats after about 10 minutes and melts string that is holding it up and then falls down in your plush.. YOUR plush is filled with polyester and it ignites  and burns down restaurant or store it is in..

Luckily when this happened to me they pushed crane out in parking lot and let it burn and i just lost my crane..And it was in rural redneck hole in the wall place and they just got a kick out of it and didn't go berserk like some folks might.

Like for instance the "sue happy" folks you find in the bigger cities that wake up everyday and hope they either win the lottery or get to sue somebody and get rich,but until then they will draw their disability and go through the phone book looking for another "Good Samariton center" or "Helping hands center" etc to pay their rent next month while they play candy crush and watch Jerry Springer..lol

Archived