Stickers on plastic vending machines

huynhhh

So I mistakenly bought import beavers awhile ago.. And it was a part of a biz op kind of thing selling energy mints, so there was a sticker on the side of the beaver body (one that wraps all the way around) any of you guys have any tips to take it off cleanly? I tried alcohol.. Everything and the stickers are a pest.. I'm about to just chuck them.. Takes 45 mins to clean one head.. (There's 15)

Any input is much appreciated

I refurbed 20 of those Revive Mint machines a while back.

Here's what worked best for me in 9 boring (and 1 fun) steps. See if you can figure out which step I liked most!

1. Using a heat gun, apply heat to each body and carefully peel label as you apply heat.

2. Use a plastic razor or plastic paint scraper to help remove label.

3. Use Goo Gone (better than Goof Off) to remove final label remnants.

4. Quickly wash each body in hot soapy water.

5. Place head in front of a fan to dry.

6. Use a light grit sandpaper to quickly prep surface for painting.

7. Paint each head with whatever color you like. I chose mostly red and black. I used expensive paint and cheap paint without noticing a difference.

8. Apply a 2nd coat of paint.

9. Reassemble machine.

10. Drink a bunch of beers! You deserve it!!

If that sounds like a lot of work, its because it is. In the end, the machines looked REALLY good. I have them on location selling toys/bouncy balls at $.50 cents. Good luck!

I refurbed 20 of those Revive Mint machines a while back.

Here's what worked best for me in 9 boring (and 1 fun) steps. See if you can figure out which step I liked most!

1. Using a heat gun, apply heat to each body and carefully peel label as you apply heat.

2. Use a plastic razor or plastic paint scraper to help remove label.

3. Use Goo Gone (better than Goof Off) to remove final label remnants.

4. Quickly wash each body in hot soapy water.

5. Place head in front of a fan to dry.

6. Use a light grit sandpaper to quickly prep surface for painting.

7. Paint each head with whatever color you like. I chose mostly red and black. I used expensive paint and cheap paint without noticing a difference.

8. Apply a 2nd coat of paint.

9. Reassemble machine.

10. Drink a bunch of beers! You deserve it!!

If that sounds like a lot of work, its because it is. In the end, the machines looked REALLY good. I have them on location selling toys/bouncy balls at $.50 cents. Good luck!

Those are the exact ones I have! The guy who sold it to me gave me 1000 capsules but I threw it away because I didn't wanna be liable for anything.. I wonder why he gave me the capsules for free

Those are the exact ones I have! The guy who sold it to me gave me 1000 capsules but I threw it away because I didn't wanna be liable for anything.. I wonder why he gave me the capsules for free

At some point when you get tired of looking at the machines, you just load them up and throw them away. He sold the machines and had nothing left to do with the capsules! 

I know this because over the last month I have been tossing more and more uturn's in the trash! LOL! If they aren't usable, they're gone! Tired of parting out!

Also, spray goo-gone on the label liberally, then let sit over night, then it will just peel off! I have Goo Gone by my work table and a portable pen style in my service bag!

Archived