Whats your furthest machines?

HotOiler3

So, still haven't recieved my first machine yet, but this vending machine thing has me obsessed, and while I'm thinking about locating machines, I'm realizing that while I have tons of good untapped and I fugure almost guaranteed locations , they are far apart from where I am and where I'll be (three places with several machines each, setup in an almost perfect triangle as far as mileage)  to make my entire possible "route"  about 350 miles round trip but no machine more than about 120 miles away, and I have people in any of these areas to do simple visual checks of the machines if needed, but not much else, there are things I think will be asked also like my mileage, as of right now I have three pickup trucks, with MPG's as follows 25, 18, and 8, but if this thing snowballs like I hope it will, I'll probably dump the 18 MPG half ton and invest in a dependable 4 banger coupe to mile up,  now I realize this is obviously only going to be cost effective depending on how many machines, and what they are making,  but I'm curious as to some of your veterans input, whats the furthest you've set a machine away from home base?  Did it work out?  If not, why didn't it?  Did one type of machine or product do better than another?  The miles don't concern me, as I've driven 113 miles one way to work in the past while working 17 hour days (yeah, fun)......

Thanks guys for your input

I wouldn't do that HotOiler.  Keep your friends close and your bulk locations closer.  120 away isn't bad IF you have 30-50 stops along the way, but start locating in your back yard and work your way out.  And it goes without saying, but if you are going to go that far it should be for racks and cranes, not double or triple candy locs.  

My furthest is .2 miles, i love living in close proximity to all the action.

On the other hand my nearst is right across the street. Haha

You can.make rhe far locatiins effective by getting big clients like malls, cinimas, skating rinks, and places like that for your racks, cranes ect; and fill in the gaps with single head gumballs, or double heads

I get the point about that, but I'm not in the city, the nearest town to the south of me is 10 miles, the nearest to the north is 20.   And there is probably only about a dozen businesses here in my town.     The closest store to my house is 3/10 of a mile away from my house :P   and your farthest is 2/10?  how would it be.....    I'm kind of a special case I guess, for instance the nearest mall is 90 miles away, the nearest skating rink is probably another 5 miles further than that.   Eventually I'd like to get a plush claw crane and a boxing machine in the local bars, I think they'd make a KILLING, especially the boxing machines.... I have 1 bar thats about 7 miles away, and 3 in the big town north of me.    I hope that kinda gives you guys some insight as to why I'm considering machines so far from home, and as far as setting up machines along the way..... also not an option, nothing but canyon between the "points" of my potential triangle.  :(  

So, still haven't recieved my first machine yet, but this vending machine thing has me obsessed, and while I'm thinking about locating machines, I'm realizing that while I have tons of good untapped and I fugure almost guaranteed locations , they are far apart from where I am and where I'll be (three places with several machines each, setup in an almost perfect triangle as far as mileage)  to make my entire possible "route"  about 350 miles round trip but no machine more than about 120 miles away, and I have people in any of these areas to do simple visual checks of the machines if needed, but not much else, there are things I think will be asked also like my mileage, as of right now I have three pickup trucks, with MPG's as follows 25, 18, and 8, but if this thing snowballs like I hope it will, I'll probably dump the 18 MPG half ton and invest in a dependable 4 banger coupe to mile up,  now I realize this is obviously only going to be cost effective depending on how many machines, and what they are making,  but I'm curious as to some of your veterans input, whats the furthest you've set a machine away from home base?  Did it work out?  If not, why didn't it?  Did one type of machine or product do better than another?  The miles don't concern me, as I've driven 113 miles one way to work in the past while working 17 hour days (yeah, fun)......

Thanks guys for your input

I have some routes that take 14 hours to run. Mileage on some run all the up to the low 400's.  I stay all night on some.  What matters is that the volume of collections justifies it. These routes are usually ran every two months or so.

I have some routes that take 14 hours to run. Mileage on some run all the up to the low 400's.  I stay all night on some.  What matters is that the volume of collections justifies it. These routes are usually ran every two months or so.

400 miles round trip?   That's not TERRIBLE, if you're talking one way, that's quite a trek.   I do wish I was still in the Rawlins, Wyoming area, lots of places I know I could set up some machines, from bubble gum to crane machines, but, I think that's 8 or 9 hours away from me now

My farthest location is only about 80 miles one way and thats part of one of my larger routes. i'm pretty lucky that way for as many machines as i have, but I run candy so i cant afford to go to far.

profit margins just too high for candy routes.

most of my routes can be run in 6 hrs or less round trip, that includes loading up at storage and going to sams first.

The nearest gas station to me is 16 miles away. I have one location in the town I live in. Most of my routes are over night some three and four day.

I do vending because there is no money to be made where I live.

Pm me if you need advise on long routes, and yes you can do cranes far away from you.

Musser I live in an area that is about the same way, although I'm not nearly that far from a gas station, I am about 25 miles from a walmart or anything like that, so I hear you.   I'll send you a PM now

My farthest location is only about 80 miles one way and thats part of one of my larger routes. i'm pretty lucky that way for as many machines as i have, but I run candy so i cant afford to go to far.

profit margins just too high for candy routes.

most of my routes can be run in 6 hrs or less round trip, that includes loading up at storage and going to sams first.

I'm thinking about investing in about 10 single-head candy machines when I get the $$$,   What kinds of machines do you like?  I've read on here alot that guys don't like the triple head machines and I don't clearly understand why, it seems to me you could have bulk candy, gumballs and then 1'' capsules in each head.... Something for everyone!   I don't understand why all the bad words about them that I've seen, any insight?

The main reason is most locations don't need 3 selections. Most will do just as good with 2. Most locations sell gumballs. I would look in your local craigslist and by used, by singles, if the location does god with gumballs or whatever then add a head.

if it's high volume, get a 4 way rack. I've gone more is better and now I'm going singles, doubles, and racks.

the quality is better, less hassle and in and out quick!

Archived