Started in on the dark side

HotOiler3

Still haven't heard anything from the lady at the grocery store, for the sticker machine, but I do have a buddy who is MUCH more of the "salesman" type than I am, and gets around to alot more places than I do, I was talking with him last night and he agreed to try and get my sticker machine placed, he's pretty excited about all the vending stuff too, who knows, maybe we'll be partners in the future.

I did place my dog treat machine monday, cost less than $20 to fill and I took out the little "fan" part of the dispensing wheels to make sure it would vend as much dog food as mechanically possible, should still leave plenty of room for profit between all 3 heads.

Yesterday I went up to restock the box at my Mom's work, I was a little disappointed, 31 items gone and a shortage of $3.50.  I realize those are completely acceptable shortage rates (at least in my head, maybe for some it's not) and it could turn out that next time its $3.50 AHEAD, but we'll see.   I just figured I had a better reputation throughout that office as to not have those kinds of shortage rates yet.... but still, like I said, completely profitable numbers. 

I'm probably going to go down tomorrow and check on the nerd store and if there still isn't a quarter in the sticker machine, I'll bring it home until me and my buddy can get it placed, I do have everything set at $0.75 and now I've come to understand that stickers traditionally do better at $0.50, so I'll change the sticker columns over to $0.50 and leave the tattoos at $0.75 after I lug it back home.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VendStars = landfill material.

Never let the new price be considered when calculating what to pay for a used machine!!

Well, as of this very moment my vendstars have paid for the initial cost to purchase them, not counting the locks I had to buy, the spray paint and PVC fittings, but I imagine they'll pay that expense off soon as well,  not entirely sure how ANYTHING that MAKES money can be written off as garbage as an absolute.   But I probably will never invest in one again, mainly because I'm not big on the idea of triple heads.

Still haven't heard anything from the lady at the grocery store, for the sticker machine, but I do have a buddy who is MUCH more of the "salesman" type than I am, and gets around to alot more places than I do, I was talking with him last night and he agreed to try and get my sticker machine placed, he's pretty excited about all the vending stuff too, who knows, maybe we'll be partners in the future.

I did place my dog treat machine monday, cost less than $20 to fill and I took out the little "fan" part of the dispensing wheels to make sure it would vend as much dog food as mechanically possible, should still leave plenty of room for profit between all 3 heads.

Yesterday I went up to restock the box at my Mom's work, I was a little disappointed, 31 items gone and a shortage of $3.50.  I realize those are completely acceptable shortage rates (at least in my head, maybe for some it's not) and it could turn out that next time its $3.50 AHEAD, but we'll see.   I just figured I had a better reputation throughout that office as to not have those kinds of shortage rates yet.... but still, like I said, completely profitable numbers. 

I'm probably going to go down tomorrow and check on the nerd store and if there still isn't a quarter in the sticker machine, I'll bring it home until me and my buddy can get it placed, I do have everything set at $0.75 and now I've come to understand that stickers traditionally do better at $0.50, so I'll change the sticker columns over to $0.50 and leave the tattoos at $0.75 after I lug it back home.

Just send your Mom a bill for the $3.50  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Well, as of this very moment my vendstars have paid for the initial cost to purchase them, not counting the locks I had to buy, the spray paint and PVC fittings, but I imagine they'll pay that expense off soon as well, not entirely sure how ANYTHING that MAKES money can be written off as garbage as an absolute. But I probably will never invest in one again, mainly because I'm not big on the idea of triple heads.

the more you have to repair a machine and the more the hassle, the worse they are.

Think of a Yugo trying to pull a 5000lb trailer. It's not made for the job and won't last. Now, figure your in the towing business, farm work, or similar and watch someone pull into work in that Yugo and say they're ready to work. What can I do?! You would tell them to drive it to the scrap yard because it won't make the pull.

Same thing in vending. The oaks , eagles, northwestern, and beavers are the work horses, the vendstar may pay for itself, but well... You get it.

the more you have to repair a machine and the more the hassle, the worse they are.

Think of a Yugo trying to pull a 5000lb trailer. It's not made for the job and won't last. Now, figure your in the towing business, farm work, or similar and watch someone pull into work in that Yugo and say they're ready to work. What can I do?! You would tell them to drive it to the scrap yard because it won't make the pull.

Same thing in vending. The oaks , eagles, northwestern, and beavers are the work horses, the vendstar may pay for itself, but well... You get it.

I got you, but here's what I have in my mind, once I can afford these newer machines, I'm going to.   Just had to start somewhere,  and honestly if it gets to the point that the profit vs. repair costs start paralleling each other, I'll probably sell them on down the line,  but for now they are making money and I'm not sure what else I could ask for at the moment.   I'm already wanting to get rid of the vendstars not only because they're vendstars but I've found out the hard way why nobody likes triple head machines,  and I'm compounded by the obstacle that is triple heads due to me living over 100 miles from any Sam's Clubs or Costco's..... And Walmart only has so much.   So yeah, I'm not so much against Vstars yet as I am Triple heads, I DO believe triple head candy machines might have their uses, but I think those uses are probably few and far between.  As for my machine in the nerd store, I think a triple head would do well with 2 heads of candy and one with gumballs..........BUT, I'm still pretty new to all of this, I guess experience will only tell for sure.

Archived