Photo Booths Worth It?

RikaKazak

I have a quality location (movie theater) and they asked if I owned any photo booth machines.  I said no.  They told me if I got one, I could put it in.  My question, are photo booths good? bad? ok? dying?

I ask because it seems like they should be dying with everyone having smart phones.  But since I've never owned one, and I see them at all the malls, maybe they still do good and I'm incorrect?

So what do you guys think, worth it to buy a photo booth and give it a shot since I have a quality location asking for one?  Or better to pass and let another vendor in the door because the location does "want one."

Next month I'll be the sole vendor in this location, so maybe it's worth it to get the photo booth just so no one else gets their foot in the door?

Would love some opinions because your guy's advice > my thoughts have been in the past ;)

• 5 weeks later...

All good info. I bought a new face place booth (sapphire model) for $9k last year for one of my best locations at a big college here (VT). It averages $100 a week. Terrible, but that location never asks for equipment and everything else makes up for it I.e jukebox and merchandisers.

Funny thing is I bought a late model dc booth at the first sevierville auction. It didn't work so I took a chance for $40. Yes, $40. I repaired the motherboard, just a few bad caps. I put in a new lcd monitor, free, as we also have a pc repair shop. It now works perfect. The only thing my $40 booth doesn't do is the online stuff.

I have a quality location (movie theater) and they asked if I owned any photo booth machines.  I said no.  They told me if I got one, I could put it in.  My question, are photo booths good? bad? ok? dying?

I ask because it seems like they should be dying with everyone having smart phones.  But since I've never owned one, and I see them at all the malls, maybe they still do good and I'm incorrect?

So what do you guys think, worth it to buy a photo booth and give it a shot since I have a quality location asking for one?  Or better to pass and let another vendor in the door because the location does "want one."

Next month I'll be the sole vendor in this location, so maybe it's worth it to get the photo booth just so no one else gets their foot in the door?

Would love some opinions because your guy's advice > my thoughts have been in the past ;)

I'd say go for it it the account is that good - in full line vending we often provide combo machines to our better accounts, knowing full well the machine is not worth the investment - but maintaining the account is important.  You're probably right about the obsolescence of photo booths, but sometimes you need to go that extra mile to keep a good account.

Archived