Crane 471D

caserri

I saw one of these beauties today. It looked like it belongs on the Starship Enterprise. I felt compelled to touch it and it felt goooood. So good that I felt like I owed it some money. [emoji4]

post-1-0-54320600-1413887402_thumb.jpg

I moved one once. My first impression was nice...... To mush plastic for me tho. And then I wondered how it would hold up to a size 13 shoe in that touch screen. Wouldn't be hard for it to be put out of service for several days. 

I saw one of these beauties today. It looked like it belongs on the Starship Enterprise. I felt compelled to touch it and it felt goooood. So good that I felt like I owed it some money. [emoji4]

I'm not sure how to interpret this...

I have several of them, very dependable, my only issue was the Curenza bill acceptors.  They have now gone to MEI acceptors.  Hands down the best machines in my fleet, and like you said they get attention. 

That's part of Crane's Media Center line of machines.  They are gorgeous doors, but like Roger said, too much plastic for me.  From a service tech standpoint it will be expensive to replace the front of the door when it's damaged or just plain quits working.  I also worry about how the doors and cabinets of these new machines will hold up over time as the machines are moved from accounts to accounts.  Trim will be broken, plastic will get cracked, the shiny fronts will get scuffed up....  I'm thinking that they will not be worth anything on the used market in 10-15 years.  But in the right location where they don't abuse machines they will be very attractive to customers and they will be the ultimate "silent salesman." 

Archived