Uncle Sams Wants YOU!

WayneB

I feel like I sold my soul to the devil today. I bought a Sams membership. 

Until now I had been "guesting" with my father and sometimes brother. IDK why but his $45 hurt me. Dad was in Florida and brother had a seizure 2 minutes after I asked him, and I NEEDED bulk reeses.

NO other place carries decent bulk reeses around me.

Anyway, I only see the following things IN STOCK that would suit bulk vending...

All the M&M's

Skittles

Reeses Pieces

850 ct gumballs

Mike&Ike

Hot Tamale

Leaving out nuts and raisins and so on.

This about right?

My Sams Membership just expired.  I am not renewing it.  I buy PMM, RP, Skittles, and HT at a grocery store. All my gum I get from A&A or Ford. Runts I get from Quill.  No more candy than I buy from the grocery store, I will probably save a few dollars.

I notice this,

the grocery stores will carry pm&m 41oz for 9.99ish

Sams will have 56oz for 9.79ish

Skittles 41oz 7.99ish grocery

Sams 54oz 5.99ish

I can't find RP anywhere above 15oz except Sams

They sell 48oz for 9.79ish

850 ct gum for 20ish

Can't find those anywhere else either.

I notice this,

the grocery stores will carry pm&m 41oz for 9.99ish

Sams will have 56oz for 9.79ish

Skittles 41oz 7.99ish grocery

Sams 54oz 5.99ish

I can't find RP anywhere above 15oz except Sams

They sell 48oz for 9.79ish

850 ct gum for 20ish

Can't find those anywhere else either.

Rp and Gb are getting to where you have to order through a wholesaler.

Gb are cheaper at Sam's, but freshness it's an issue. The problem is if you buy and ship it gets more expensive until you buy a lot

Rp and Gb are getting to where you have to order through a wholesaler.

Gb are cheaper at Sam's, but freshness it's an issue. The problem is if you buy and ship it gets more expensive until you buy a lot

That's the problem I currently have, I only buy a few cases a month.  Freshness be damned.  I can't find anywhere online that even comes CLOSE to Sams $20.16 for an 850 count.  I think the absolute bare bottom price I've seen online is like $38 and change with shipping.  I'd LOVE to hear about a better price but until I do I'd have to find gum that outsold the crappy double-bubble 2:1 before it made sense for my bottom line.  

I Use to order pallets of gum. Don't anymore because my warehouse is much smaller, and I only sale 5 to 10 cases a week. Much easier to go to Sams on Sundays and load the truck up for the week. For most of us Sams is the ticket. I've never had a freshness issue.

Archived