Mint Honor box startup in Canada

jimwmarsh

Hi Group.

First let me say what a great group you all seem to be, very helpful and supportive of each other. I haven't looked in any forums for years but am really glad I found this one while searching for honor box info.

I've been in bulk vending part time for about 10 years now with 100+ bulk machines on location, around Toronto and to the east.

I've been reading everything with interest for the last week or so while making my decision to get some mint honor boxes. I picked up 50 today from Margaret at Sheridan. I'm a 3 hr drive away but it's a lot easier and quicker to drive to Buffalo than pay for shipping.

Tomorrow I pick up York mints (13.5 cents CDN each here, to be confirmed when I get an accurate count in the box). I plan to mix them with Tootsie rolls (7.3 cents) and lolipops called Chupa Chups (13.1 cents) Unless I can find something else around the 10 cent range to go in.

Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops are 18.8 cents CDN each here, unless I can find a cheaper supplier !!!

50 cents each or 3 for $1 will be the sale price.

So now I have to make up some labels and get some boxes on location soon, later this week I hope. I'll let you know my progress.

If there are any Canadians on the forum I'd love to hear how you're making out with your sales, shortages, etc. I find some of the US sales numbers a lot higher than I expect to get here, probably due to higher traffice flows, but if I can net $10 a month per box I'll be quite happy.

Have a great day and I look forward to joining in on the fun!

Jim

Archived