Side by side VS. back to back?

rodney69

Ok, so most of you that are experienced will have had both types. Does it really matter if the .50 coin mech is side by side or back to back for the quarters?

I know that AA and standard NW is back to back while Eagle and Oak are side by side. I've always thought side by side was best, BUT, I also used to think Uturn's were best!  

Thanks everyone!

Yup and are much cheaper in cost

I didn't see it on their website. Which one comes with the side by side? As soon as Oak is done with there sale I'll be looking at AA. I want to try and get the quick collect. 

I serviced my rack that I got everyone's help on and decided that the quick collect would save about 5+ min servicing. I'm hooked on the racks now. I have 3 more to replace, then several 4 ways!

Just want to get the right equipment. Wish I would have known this 12 years ago! 

I didn't see it on their website. Which one comes with the side by side? As soon as Oak is done with there sale I'll be looking at AA. I want to try and get the quick collect.

I serviced my rack that I got everyone's help on and decided that the quick collect would save about 5+ min servicing. I'm hooked on the racks now. I have 3 more to replace, then several 4 ways!

Just want to get the right equipment. Wish I would have known this 12 years ago!

It's on the site on the small head machines

It's on the site on the small head machines

I must be blind! All I see is the back to back. I looked up close and only see one opening. They look similar to the Eagle .50, but dont have the 2 slots?

Sorry for the ignorance.

I must be blind! All I see is the back to back. I looked up close and only see one opening. They look similar to the Eagle .50, but dont have the 2 slots?

Sorry for the ignorance.

A&A Global's PO-89 have $0.50 side by side coin mechanisms.

Isn't that odd how there can be such a difference in experiences? Maybe 1% of my machines are aa and yet there are just as many aa mechs on my bench needing repair as all my other machine mechs combined. You have such good luck, I always envied your great success with the cluckers too.

Isn't that odd how there can be such a difference in experiences? Maybe 1% of my machines are aa and yet there are just as many aa mechs on my bench needing repair as all my other machine mechs combined. You have such good luck, I always envied your great success with the cluckers too.

All I was saying is I had one issue and they replaced it. I know a operator who had several when it first came out and had to send everyone back. I think it was around 200. But after that no issues. I'm not saying the mechs were full proof maybe they made changes.

I have a NW meck that failed also and a hand full of older AA ones. Mechs are man made and they fail. But in my experience it's not worth the added cost for the NW.

I actually pull mechs and go through them.  I'll rebuild them and mark the date on the back with a Sharpie.  As I'm servicing, if I run across older dates I will swap them out. I usually carry about 10 extra mechs with me.  Keeping accurate route books on equipment helps because I know what mechs are on a specific route. I'll look at the route books before I go and grab what I need.  I keep a full compliment of parts so repairing them is easily done in the workshop at home. Most common problems are worn out cams,broke springs, coin wheel.  All cheap fixes.

I actually pull mechs and go through them. I'll rebuild them and mark the date on the back with a Sharpie. As I'm servicing, if I run across older dates I will swap them out. I usually carry about 10 extra mechs with me. Keeping accurate route books on equipment helps because I know what mechs are on a specific route. I'll look at the route books before I go and grab what I need. I keep a full compliment of parts so repairing them is easily done in the workshop at home. Most common problems are worn out cams,broke springs, coin wheel. All cheap fixes.

What all do you track?

What all do you track?

I just record the date that I wrote on the mech on my route cards.  That way, I know how many and which mechs to take with me.When I put a new mech in I change the date on my cards.

Well, I just got my message back from aa that I sent about the mech's several days ago.....

they said the only ones they have that are side by side is the large vendors! =-O

That is not correct. I buy side by sides for the PO89's all the time. Part # is CB220-50.

We do have them for the Po's ( Oak ) , but not for the PN's ( NW ). However, admittedly, we are having some difficulty with the CB-220-50's.

I've replaced the small screw in many of them that keeps the quarters separated. Drill it out and put a small self tapping screw in. Cut the head off.  Stainless steel.

Archived