Grayhound Candy Shop

sprint54fan

Im sure I already know my answers but I want to ask this out there. I have come across a guy who has three of the Grayhound Candy Shop cranes.. all three look very nice and all three are working order. I can get them cheap.

I have some locations wanting a crane but they are in bad neighborhoods so the cheaper the better..

My question is are these machines decent? Are parts still available? Can you add a dba? Guy says they are setup for 25 cents a play..can this be changed to 50 cents a play?

Thanks guys and gals!

candycrane

The cabinet and joystick panel look like a grayhound or United textiles crane

if there was a hole you could add a DBA      parts are now eBay    and are adjustable price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANDY-SHOP-SKILL-CRANE-GRAYHOUND-ORIGINAL-NOS-REDEMPTION-ARCADE-GAME-SALES-FLYER-/151251896047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233750c6ef

bill

winner in 1993.. crane   it might have had too many birthdays.

if its a guy in  Milford   he has clean sweep  red candy cranes... those are smart made and  would take those ANYDAY over these.

• 6 months later...

My question is are these machines decent? Are parts still available? Can you add a dba? Guy says they are setup for 25 cents a play..can this be changed to 50 cents a play?

Can you program this Grayhound for autopercent?  

The cabinet and joystick panel look like a grayhound or United textiles crane

Would a grayhound candy crane be worth $400?  parts? reliability?

Sprint, danny, i love you danny, this is not mean or hatefull, promise! you gotta get a new mentallity, you cant keep wanting to buy cheap crap because its cheap. This mentallity is gonna get you machines that break, cause service calls and be a hassle, maybe even lose you a account. Most of the time the spots in "bad areas" end up being good money makers. Maybe pick a good crane or two you like and stick with them. Its gonna keep your parts simple too. Keeping things uniform is nice. I know you have been in vending for like ten years or so and i know your gonna be successful with cranes too, just make it easy on yourself and quit looking for these short cuts. I dont care how CHEAP a small t-shirt is and how much i can save buying it, IM A EXTRA LARGE its not gonna work for me and be a bad decision long term. Same with vending equipment , especially electronic machines. You would be foolish not to buy cranes with the "new features" that cranes have now a days that help with keeping plush product cost uniform , features that rainbow and older cranes DO NOT HAVE. On this path, In a few years you could have a whole route of mismatched ghetto cranes thst nobody who be proud to have in their business, all it would take for you to loose your good spots is a guy with a newer, cleaner machine and your out of luck

• 2 weeks later...

I agree and been saying it for years…. Junk machines,cheap junk product usually equates to junk numbers.

These are the operators (low hanging fruit) that are easy to kick out.

I know so many operators that run there business like this. They think they are making money because they buy cheap junk then use cheap product to keep their product cost down.

Thats fine and dandy but it usually results in poor sales and an unhappy location owner because his commissions are low.

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Nothing wrong with getting a good deal for decent equipment. I just don't have the time to run around fixing things.

Archived