Best way to fix holes in coin base

BlindVending

Bought about 100 machines from a member on here. Great shape the only major issue is almost all of them have a 2 inch hole drilled out in the base as these were mall kiosk machines so the coins would run through a tube to a central cash box.

What would be the best way to fix this rather than ordering all new. Got a great deal on these.

Mostly all pp89's but about 20 beavers too

Never have done this, but if I wanted to avoid buying new base-bottoms, this might work...

Attach an electrical box cover on the inside of the base to cover the hole.

Use Superglue or Gorilla glue.

These covers are available at hardware stores in various sizes and shaped in circles, squares, rectangles, etc

The covers are all $1or less at places like Lowes and Home Depot and come in metal or plastic.

I've gotta ask...Did the seller make you aware of this 2" hole prior to selling you the equipment?

Thanks I'll look into that.

Yes he's been amazing to deal with. It was the first thing he mentioned and the reason I got these machines in GREAT condition for less than $10 a pop.

Awesome. That's a fantastic price.

The extra $1 repair cost is worth it if my idea works.

Good luck!

Aluminum bases are 2.48 from A&A for the PO 89's.  Be sure to watch the price of the repair in relation to that. Just wondering, if they were PO89 bases he would have had to make a hole in the coin bottom as well.  Could you just turn the aluminum base to cause the 2 holes not to line up?

Wouldn't the coins still fall out when he lifted the cash box off the stand to empty it or am I missing something about this set-up?

If that is the case you could take the screw out of the coin bottom and wrap it a few times with duct tape and re-attach.

If I remember correctly, I have 2 machines out on routes that this is what I did. I've also purchased a used NW 80 that was double stacked and used duct tape to cover the hole.

Freeze out plugs for a car engine might be good in this case ,  not very expensive , and easily found at most auto stores. Just tap them into place with a hammer. There are also some that you put in place and tighten with a socket , but the cost on that kind may exceed a new base.

Archived