Which method is better

garys vending

I don't know if this was discussed yet or not. Which do you think is more effective? Cold calling or visiting locations in person. I know I can cover more ground by making phone calls all day instead of driving all over the place. On the other hand I feel I would get more yes locations if I locate in person.

If it's ran by the manager and or owner and not any answers from corp, it's better to stop by unless your covering a large area and want several locations quick. 

If you have to track down the owner or if it's corporate, then it's better by phone.

I am on the road in locations on a daily basis .  Every day , all day . You cannot imagine how many telemarketing calls the locations receive . Most know it , and don't bother to answer the phone .  If you are serious about what you are doing , do it in person.

Sometimes you can talk your way into a corp location that doesn't allow vending, usually in a break room, not public area. Sometimes you will stay a lot of times as soon as corp visits you are kicked. I have some I have lasted a week and some I have been in for years.

Likewise I have some corp accounts that give me the right to all their stores only to have s local manager that hates vending. You can usually force the issue but you need to be very careful about it. Bullying local managent seldom ends well you may get in but out of orders will be extreme complaint calls from the store to Corp will be often. So you may jeprodise s great corp account over a single difficult manager

Archived