Treasure Chest in the U.S.

ghorton91

http://www.thenccs.org/treasureChest

That site seemed to indicate they did it in the U.S. as well?

Yes, they are here in the USA (at least in central Florida).  Some are sitting next to me in a few locations.  They showed up about a year ago.  Green double heads with the NCCS banner on top.  75 cents for a 1-inch toy.  I believe it takes 3 quarters stacked together using a back-to-back-to-back mech.

1" at .75? That is wayyyy too much if they are selling that double for 989. You can get 20 triples for that. Looks like charity is trying to get in the toy market good luck with that with others paying a commission.

Yea, selling 1 inch Aliens for 75 cents?  C'mon Man!

Tcvend charges $989 per set but you can do the same thing for 85% less.

1- Buy two machines from either Northwestern, Oak, A&A set up for 1" caps with .50 cent mech. ($100-$140)

2- Buy a pipe stand with double plate ($50)

3- Sign up with NCCS as a vendor

4- Make a sign similar to the Treasure Chest sign on your home computer, get sign holder at Staples or Office Depot.

5- Place and make money!

Yea, but you are NOT offering a chance to win a cool prize!

Remember Win Big Vending, anyone?  Flat tattoos like a lottery ticket?  How did that work out?

Wonder how many "winners" are in a box or bag?

That's a total rip off reminds me of when I first got started buying over priced package deals. This has all the signs of a biz-op wouldn't think a charity would get involved in selling machines. But I guess money is money

Altoids, Buzz Bites or Dentyne Ice, anyone?

Shouldn't NCCS shoulder some of the blame?

One would think they've had a vending program long enough to know when some of their subscribers are being victimized by price gouging.

NCCS most likely took a big hit in revenues after the Great Recession and the demise of Vendstar.  Let's not forget Vendstar's $10,000 "opportunity" packages for those beautiful grey plastic machines.

NCCS most likely took a big hit in revenues after the Great Recession and the demise of Vendstar.  Let's not forget Vendstar's $10,000 "opportunity" packages for those beautiful grey plastic machines.

Good point.

Desperate times calling for desperate measures and all that, right....

• 2 months later...

Shouldn't NCCS shoulder some of the blame?

One would think they've had a vending program long enough to know when some of their subscribers are being victimized by price gouging.

Sherlock

NCCS is a business just like anyone else. They are considering the amount of exposure that Treasure Chest is giving them and the amount of stickers being purchased by this program. NCCS is making a lot of money from this program. 

However, this could come back to bite NCCS in the form of negative publicity. 

I know for a fact that many people who acquire stickers don't pay their monthly commitments, so do you blame NCCS for accepting all the support they can get?

You must also consider that these machines have more earning potential because of human greed. People will pump money into this machine just to win a prize. They may not particularly care about the toy. I spoke with Tom (CEO) at great lengths over the phone, but I still believe the program is significantly over priced.

I would like to have one though, just to test it out. On Monday, I believe I will give Shirley Pye a call at NCCS. I want to hear what she has to say about the program. It should be interesting. 

I will say though, they appear to be very nice looking machines. Tom says they are of steel construction and so far it appears that Canadians make very good machines. Take Beaver for example. 

There is much more I have on my mind about the Treasure Chest project, but I am going to lay this to bed for now. 

Great discussion guys.

I will say though, they appear to be very nice looking machines. Tom says they are of steel construction and so far it appears that Canadians make very good machines. Take Beaver for example. 

imports look nice too

also steel=/= quality

if these arent mainstream no matter how good they are parts are a mjor issue

imports look nice too

also steel=/= quality

if these arent mainstream no matter how good they are parts are a mjor issue

Not supporting them in any way but parts shouldn't be an issue because they are basically a knock off of the square beaver..

• 1 month later...

Archived