Bulk Vending 1960 Style

Makes Cents

Thanks Makes cents, that's exactly why you should use NW on racks, they are MUCH faster to service than anything else. Oak Vista cabinet for charity because you are only usually removing one head and you can dump the coin from the vista body. Now, if you have a charity stop with say 4 machines I would go with NW.

So since Oak has the new quick collect base, wouldn't it service the same speed as the NW? If so, then wouldn't it be better to run with just Oak so that you had only the parts from one instead of 2?

Yes, the price is close, especially if you buy from Sam's, but then you add the new .50 mech to NW and your back up in price. Then you also have the difference in parts. I know it's minor, but seems to be it would benefit in the long run? 

Here's a pic: 

Oak Manufacturing Quick Base

Ive had problems w/ 450's on racks because they are vulnerable to breaks. Pressure on front or top of head will result in break where the bottom meets the side, usually at the rounded corner bottom. Kid pushing on it, wiggling etc will pop it. Dosent happen w/ panels, dosent happen with 60's

Oak panels on racks are a pain because the you got to hold front panel in while pouring out product and panel clips pop off. There ok if you need to use extra capacity cab-backs or colored panels.

Overall, if the Oaks cost less and the machining is good with the new quick collect base I would go with the Oak panels but if there is no great cost advantage to Oaks I would go NW, better machining, better quality machine imo

Yes the 450 is weak and will break. So I guess it's back to northwestern. Panel heads, although many use them on racks, are a time killer in a rack. Time is money and the difference in the time it takes to change product in a nw 60 and s oak panel head is significant.

If you have 20 machines out no big deal but if you make your living at this and service racks all day every day a few seconds extra spent on each head makes s huge difference

This all makes sense. As I am growing, I will grab as many of the NW's I can. I only have a certain amount of time to service and can only grow so much until I run out of room. So time on servicing is a huge deal for me. 

What's funny to me is that I had the first rack location that I changed from a Uturn 8 select and a 3 column by itself to 4 single heads on a rack with the sticker and 2" on the top. 

My service time dropped by 10 min on just that and that's changing product in all but the flat! Plus, I was able to go 60 days instead of 30 in between services and so I saved another 45 min's. ( I was counting coin by hand) Now I use a scale and weigh it, which cut the time down again. 

At this point, I can finish converting all commission, cut service time down and add more locations to service in the same amount of time I will have gained hundreds more by going to the rack. 

Now I will be able to shave more off on going with a NW? All that does is tell me that I will be able to add more racks without quitting my full time job (which I'm at right now, LOL) and make the extra money till I'm able to leave and be full time again. This time way more evolved.

Thank you for all of you being here. If it wasn't for you, I would probably still think 8 selections was better! LOL! That's so funny and ignorant! Now after I've cut all but one to 4 and still make the same money ( more in some cases), I also see how 2 selections will be the same way! 

Archived