Chicken Machine

Rocket

Does anyone know where I can get a chicken machine? I've been searching & could only find a sports themed one not the hen house looking ones that I remember as a kid. I imagine they still make them because a few vendors still carry the egg shaped capsules for them.

From all the discussion last year on the Chicken machine topic and the fact that our ex-local Mountain Coin distributor had one on display last year I thought they would probably still be in production.

S&b is making one and c2c has the monkey bizzness one also. Those old ones are still out there but really old and beat up mostly and most will need new coin mechs as they have the ancient "one horizontal quarter" slide coin mech that can't be changed to 50 cents or more.

New one with DBA would be best but they are overpriced for what they are, which is fancy bulk vendor. if your gonna drop that $ your better off with crane as you can get for about same money and it will produce more $.

A lot of bulk vendors don't want the headache of electronics but Before you mention working on electronic machine etc. Remember I'm saying crane cause the chicken machine is same ballgame as far as tech and service goes.

I think the OP was looking for 8652749_1m.jpg?v=8CC0BEBA38ACCC0not AllAmericanChickenMach.jpgand almost certainly not Chicken_0898fa_1794319.gif

That first one is the exact same one I remember. There was also a Flintstones version with Fred instead of a chicken where the eggs supposedly came from Dino (as if it made sense). That second machine is the one I found the other day.. I don't even want to know what 3rd machine is for.

S&b is making one and c2c has the monkey bizzness one also. Those old ones are still out there but really old and beat up mostly and most will need new coin mechs as they have the ancient "one horizontal quarter" slide coin mech that can't be changed to 50 cents or more.

New one with DBA would be best but they are overpriced for what they are, which is fancy bulk vendor. if your gonna drop that $ your better off with crane as you can get for about same money and it will produce more $.

A lot of bulk vendors don't want the headache of electronics but Before you mention working on electronic machine etc. Remember I'm saying crane cause the chicken machine is same ballgame as far as tech and service goes.

You have a good point.. as coll as it is it wouldn't be very cost effective.

• 2 weeks later...

From all the discussion last year on the Chicken machine topic and the fact that our ex-local Mountain Coin distributor had one on display last year I thought they would probably still be in production.

Well the web site is still active.  Maybe the remnants of some "display" models still available?

The link is in the Bulk Vending News folder

Well the web site is still active.  Maybe the remnants of some "display" models still available?

The link is in the Bulk Vending News folder

Are you guys referring to the one by Parsal?

The original poster is not looking for that model.

The model the OP wants is the 80's version....the one pictured FIRST on post #6 above.

I have 30+ of the original chicken machines on location.  I have refurbished every one and put $.50 sticker coin mech on all of them.  They make as much money as my 2 new All American chickens at a fraction of the cost!  

I have 30+ of the original chicken machines on location. I have refurbished every one and put $.50 sticker coin mech on all of them. They make as much money as my 2 new All American chickens at a fraction of the cost!

Nice! How much do they average?

Nice! How much do they average?

I have never pulled out less than $100 per collection.  A good location will do $200-$300 per collection.  They are great earners!

Not much . Your customers are limited to age 8 and younger . IMO older kids are embarrassed to be seen near one.

Wow!  Seriously?  How many chickens do you have on location?  I see teens and adults use these all the time.

How often do you collect?  100.00 per collection ? 200.00 - 300.00 with a good location ? It must be a territorial thing.  Egg vending machines in my area are poor earners . I bought a monkey bizness a year ago, very nice piece but only does 10.00 a week. I picked up 3 Original Chicken Machines for 100.00 each , for that price I figured not much invested and will use them for fillers. The operator hated wasting his time with them due to poor earnings.

6 week service cycle.  I have them in movie theatres, bowling alleys, skating rinks and busier pizza places & Mexican restaurants.  I buy these whenever I can.  I was getting them from a company in Texas also.  I have them at $.50 & the original ones make as much as the 2 new ones I bought with DBAs on them!  

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived