Racks in Bowling Alley

TWvend

I have a large 36 lane bowling alley location in which I have 2 9 way racks.  Each rack is located at an entrance/exit. This location also has a game room with billiard, air hockey , self redemption, a pin & video games. My questions are : Should I add another 9 way rack to the game room?  What should I be grossing per month with 2 9 ways in a location like this?

the big question here, have you reached the point of saturation? I cannot say what you should be making. that all depends on your demographic, we have many bowling centers... some do very well on bulk $300-$500 per month. Most in our area stink.. we have a 50+ lane center that does less than $100 per month on several pcs of bulk. The good bulk accounts are the exception, not the rule for us...

With regard to adding more to a gameroom... is the room on a swipe, tokens, or quarters? If there is a quarter changer in there you should try it.. are your two 9 Way racks side by side? why not wheel one of the machines you already have to the game room to test the waters. Also, if you have a warehouse or garage full of equipment, large places like a bowling center are a great place to store the equipment! if you are buying a brand new machine.... based on our experience with bulk, it is very hard for me to recommend buying a piece of new equipment. I would suggest breaking down one of your nine way racks into two 5 way racks... then put the 9 way in the location that makes the most money and the two 5 ways in the other two spots.

Archived