Shipping from JT Kings

TexasFreemason

It will depend on how much to buy more than anything else. If your under 150 lbs then most of the time it's about 1.00 a pound up to 1.25. But that's because of the courier, not the supplier.

It will depend on how much to buy more than anything else. If your under 150 lbs then most of the time it's about 1.00 a pound up to 1.25. But that's because of the courier, not the supplier.

Maybe so.  But the supplier can still negotiate with the courier for better rates for their customers.  TJ KIng seems to have negotiated a super deal with FedEx Ground to give us vendors a very nice (cheaper) rate.  IMHO, TJ KIng has great non-pallet shipping rates.  Now TJ will have slightly higher prices and will charge sales tax, so it's not a perfect scenario.  But shipping rates with TJ has never been an issue for me.

It would be nice if all suppliers would play hard ball with their couriers and negotiate better shipping rates (and pass the savings on) for us vendors.  So get FedEX and UPS (and anyone else) in the ring and have a chicken fight for the shipping business!

• 3 weeks later...

I used them about 6 months ago and made a purchase of 2 cases (24 bags) of skittles as they had great shipping even to canada and the sale price was amazing. When it arrived one case was short 1 bag. I sent an email just pointing this out and John? Went off his rocker about customs and banned myself and Canadians from ordering haha

They are owned by Vistar now. I would go to Vistar.com and look up locations. They're all over the US and pretty reasonable, plus they worked a deal with Fed ex for shipping.

Might even ship up there to you blind?

They are owned by Vistar now. I would go to Vistar.com and look up locations. They're all over the US and pretty reasonable, plus they worked a deal with Fed ex for shipping.

Might even ship up there to you blind?

Are all vistar locations selling bulk?

I have had very good experiences with TJ King/Five Star. On many items, their price with shipping is less than the other guys' price without shipping. They don't have all the stuff I buy, but for things like bouncy balls, Nerds gumballs, and jawbreakers they are hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

I used them about 6 months ago and made a purchase of 2 cases (24 bags) of skittles as they had great shipping even to canada and the sale price was amazing. When it arrived one case was short 1 bag. I sent an email just pointing this out and John? Went off his rocker about customs and banned myself and Canadians from ordering haha

I was just browsing around their site, noticing that their prices are a bit lower than elsewhere on a few items. Had gotten to the point I usually get to being a Canadian where I start wondering if the over-the-border shipping costs are going to kill the savings.. and well, I guess this answers my question.

Archived