Canadian Quarters

Hillbilly

It may be more if a problem for me because I'm closer to Canada than a lot of you.  It's probably even more so the farther north you get.  Banks won't touch Canadian coin at all.  Some will convert paper bills but no loose change.  I am getting a lot.  My current solution is to put in a large competitor's machine who is vending 27mm BB for .25. So at least I am doubling my money when I vend for .50.

Any of you have a good solution for this problem?

It may be more if a problem for me because I'm closer to Canada than a lot of you. It's probably even more so the farther north you get. Banks won't touch Canadian coin at all. Some will convert paper bills but no loose change. I am getting a lot. My current solution is to put in a large competitor's machine who is vending 27mm BB for .25. So at least I am doubling my money when I vend for .50.

Lol! That's not a bad idea. I keep telling my wife we're going to sabre them all and then take a trip up there and give them all back! Let them pay for our trip.

Although, I don't get that many, so it will take a decade or more! Lol

Do you sell 27mm for .50?

It may be more if a problem for me because I'm closer to Canada than a lot of you.  It's probably even more so the farther north you get.  Banks won't touch Canadian coin at all.  Some will convert paper bills but no loose change.  I am getting a lot.  My current solution is to put in a large competitor's machine who is vending 27mm BB for .25. So at least I am doubling my money when I vend for .50.

You could donate them and write it all off.

Lol! That's not a bad idea. I keep telling my wife we're going to sabre them all and then take a trip up there and give them all back! Let them pay for our trip.

Although, I don't get that many, so it will take a decade or more! Lol

Do you sell 27mm for .50?

Yes, I vend for .50.

Believe it or not I get a few in Texas. I probably have about 75-100 I have collected over the last year. I typically use them to see how many pieces of candy a competitor is vending. The rest I just keep for that future trip to Canada.

I get a handful of them every month, along with foreign coins from all kinds of places. I've seen some pretty unusual coins come out of my machines, and it always amazes me that all the coins from various countries are similar enough in size to work in the same coin mechanism.

We make a 25 cent coin mechanism and a 50 cent coin mechanism that are designed specifically to reject Canadian quarters while accepting American quarters. If anyone is interested in information about these mechanisms, please give us a call at 1-800-265-6772, or send us an email at sales@beavervending.com. 

I get quite a few, very touristy here in Maine

I wait until I get about $100 worth (few times a year) and sell them on ebay

get about .90 on the $1 after shipping, they sell every time

ingenuity! I love it! That's awesome!

I get quite a few of them up here in NY. I find silver ones fairly often. Everyone knows which U.S. ones are silver but most people dont think about Canadian silver quarters.

which Canadian ones are silver?

I get quite a few, very touristy here in Maine

I wait until I get about $100 worth (few times a year) and sell them on ebay

get about .90 on the $1 after shipping, they sell every time

That is a good idea.  I have a gallon sized ziplock bag full of foreign coins right now that are mostly Canadian or Mexican.  The Pesos could probably fetch more money as fishing weights than currency though.

I've seen some of the larger vendor's in my area have a display of Worldwide Coins or something similar.  2" caps with coins in them.  Anybody ever seen that?  Anyone have a display or know where to get a nice one?

I've seen some of the larger vendor's in my area have a display of Worldwide Coins or something similar. 2" caps with coins in them. Anybody ever seen that? Anyone have a display or know where to get a nice one?

Are you talking about selling them in caps in the machine?

That guy is out of Ohio I think. I have not talked to him in a long time but I think his son may run the company now as he is up there in age. He's operates in most of the county and puts months between stop cycles maxing out revenue. He's a hell of a nice guy and loves to talk about how he built it up.

That guy is out of Ohio I think. I have not talked to him in a long time but I think his son may run the company now as he is up there in age. He's operates in most of the county and puts months between stop cycles maxing out revenue. He's a hell of a nice guy and loves to talk about how he built it up.

Thanks.  It sounds like a guy I know of.  Ran in to him one time and he talked my head off.  Said the owner was retired living down south somewhere.  He has worked for him for 28 years.  5000 plus locations set up into 3 different routes.

Next time you guys want to sell Canadian coins and are shipping them to me at.90 on the dollar hit me up. I'll paypal

I was wondering if you were going to get in on this! LOL! I'll remember you when I have enough to make it worth it.  

Good lord..5000 customers ...I would croak...

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

All about delegation! If I had the opportunity, I would jump on it! 

I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if I am repeating. Do a Google search. There are coin buyers you can ship them to. I looked this up last week. The quote was .62 on the dollar. Better than nothing.

Archived