Pepsi not making 24oz bottles anymore

Jump1979man

Just heard this morning that Pepsi is currently not making 24 oz bottles of flavors right now....when they run out they are done.

They will continue to fill Pepsi and Mtn Dew till March 2015.  After that date all 24oz bottles will be done.

Very surprising to me since everyone seems to like the bigger bottles but Im sure its a money decision.  Coke is probably happy as now they will be on a level playing field once again.

• 1 month later...

There are no 24oz coke varieties here in southwest ohio, but I saw them in northeast ohio a few months ago. It's almost definitely a regional thing.

I've never seen 24oz coke products, either. I bet I could sell them pretty well, though.

I've really liked carrying the 24oz Pepsi products. It's too bad they're being discontinued.

If there is any reason to cancel them, it is probably because too many vending companies and c-stores are buying the 24oz bottles from grocery stores and selling them at a much better profit than 20oz.  I bet if many of us switched to 16.9 oz bottles, those would disappear after a few years too.

Speaking of this... wouldn't you know that I had to stop at a grocery store to pick up some odd-ball can flavors that were on sale... and a couple cases of mountain dew for ONE account.  The Pepsi guy was there and he asked me what I was doing so I told him "I have a vending machine."  I didn't think he was going to care.. I mean I buy 90% of my canned soda from Sam's Club so who cares?  This guy was so mad, he looked like he was about to cry.  He gave me his sob story about how buying soda through the grocery store, instead of directly through him, takes money out of his pocket.  Well guess what Joe Schmoe, buying from you takes money out of MY pocket.  Why would I buy canned soda off of him for maybe $8 per 24 pack when I can get 36 cans for $10 at Sam's Club?  Just so HE can make more money?

That guy really got on my nerve for saying that.  It's not like I had 100 cases.  I did casually walk off and purchase them though, and I even told him to have a nice day as I did it.

Well, that didn't take long. Can no longer find my 24oz bottles of Orange Crush.

Probably only a matter of time until Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew follow suit.

I'll stock up today on what's available, but will have to find good replacements in the near future.

AngryChris.........Love your post.  I ll do you one better.  We live in area with a independant Pepsi Bottler.......So we can only buy 20 oz from them not the Corp.  They charge us 20.50 a case for 20 oz bottles.  Which is $5 a case more than just a few miles away  .And then flood our area with Pepsi Bottle Machines for $1.00.  to push all the independant guys out. Last time I checked that is called a Monopoly and thought that it was illigal. 

If there is any reason to cancel them, it is probably because too many vending companies and c-stores are buying the 24oz bottles from grocery stores and selling them at a much better profit than 20oz. I bet if many of us switched to 16.9 oz bottles, those would disappear after a few years too.

Speaking of this... wouldn't you know that I had to stop at a grocery store to pick up some odd-ball can flavors that were on sale... and a couple cases of mountain dew for ONE account. The Pepsi guy was there and he asked me what I was doing so I told him "I have a vending machine." I didn't think he was going to care.. I mean I buy 90% of my canned soda from Sam's Club so who cares? This guy was so mad, he looked like he was about to cry. He gave me his sob story about how buying soda through the grocery store, instead of directly through him, takes money out of his pocket. Well guess what Joe Schmoe, buying from you takes money out of MY pocket. Why would I buy canned soda off of him for maybe $8 per 24 pack when I can get 36 cans for $10 at Sam's Club? Just so HE can make more money?

That guy really got on my nerve for saying that. It's not like I had 100 cases. I did casually walk off and purchase them though, and I even told him to have a nice day as I did it.

this is like whack a mole

We use 24 it goes

If 16.9 goes then something has to crop up to replace it for cheap because the grocers need it

Hopefully it's 20 oz

Archived