BC 6 not cooling

Does the compressor run and are both rear and the one inside fan running?  Is there any ice building up on the evaporator or in front of it?  Make sure that your cold control is set no higher than 2 and preferably between 1 and 1 1/2.  This setting is ONLY on USI cold controls.

If you are hearing the compressor clicking on and back off and there is sufficient airflow out the back of the machine (indicating that the condenser and the rear fan screen aren't clogged) then you have a bad compressor. If you've never removed one before let me know and I can advise you on the removal as it's kind of tricky to do it right.

would I be better off having a refrigeration guy check it

John

It's up to you on that... it's just a tight fit yo get it out. There are a lot of screws. I advise taking pictures along the way so everything is accounted for. I drive 100 miles to get my decks repaired.

You can have someone come to check it out but you are likely going to need a compressor.  Even if it ends up being a starting component you will need to pull the unit out of the machine as there's no way to reach any part of it while it's installed.  If you have a refer guy you use then you could save yourself a service call by removing it yourself and taking it to him.

Here's the latest on this matter, when I checked machine on Friday I found that they had installed a power strip to this and had a window air conditioner plugged in with my soda machine. I moved the plug to the wall outlet and plugged the snack machine in to the power strip. When I went to service the snack machine I found the soda machine was cold again. I am glad I don't have to fix it but I did go out last night and buy another machine to shift machines around to cover the bad machine I now have a spare soda machine. Thanks to everyone that offered solutions to this.

John

Here's the latest on this matter, when I checked machine on Friday I found that they had installed a power strip to this and had a window air conditioner plugged in with my soda machine. I moved the plug to the wall outlet and plugged the snack machine in to the power strip. When I went to service the snack machine I found the soda machine was cold again. I am glad I don't have to fix it but I did go out last night and buy another machine to shift machines around to cover the bad machine I now have a spare soda machine. Thanks to everyone that offered solutions to this.

John

Glad to hear it wasn't your compressor then. :)

John

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but you can't have a window A/C unit sharing either the outlet or the same circuit as your soda machine.  I suspect you'll have more trouble here once the weather warms.  At least you know it's not your machine that's bad.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but you can't have a window A/C unit sharing either the outlet or the same circuit as your soda machine.  I suspect you'll have more trouble here once the weather warms.  At least you know it's not your machine that's bad.

You also can't share the spotlight with people unless moondog is involved too.

Archived