New to the biz

Bamafan2277

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I am new to the business. I have a friend that is opening his own restaurant and wanted a candy machine in there. I looked on craigslist and found 2 brand new Vendstars for $40.

I figure they will be a good start in his location and I will be taking the money I make from it to re-invest in new Northwestern machines to put in other locations that I am scouting out already.

Going to slowly build my route and keep my out of pocket to a minimum and do this in my free time and maybe in a few years I can quit my day job and do vending full time.

I have been lurking for a week or so and learned a ton of information already! Looking forward to learning more and sharing what I know.

I picked up 6 Oak Single head machines with stands tonight for $35. each. looking forward to cleaning them up and changing out the double gumball wheel for singles and candy wheels. Im hoping to get these placed soon and go back and get some more.

• 3 months later...

Been a while since I posted. I placed a Vendstar & a Oak Gumball machine in my friend's restaurant at the end of Jan. In 2 months I have been averaging $50-$60 just from those 2 machines per month.

I am running Reece's Pieces, Peanut M&M's & Skittles in the Vendstar. Skittles is outselling the others 4 to 1.

I also placed a Oak in the bar next door with mint chicle gum. I have pulled a whopping $4 out of it in 2 months. I am going to be moving it over to my friends restaurant and put it on a double stand with the gumball.

His restaurant is a small place but gets lots of carryout traffic and his kids hit the machines quite a bit too. I need to get some time to locate the other machines I have.

Archived