Idea for more efficient servicing on beavers?

huynhhh

So I have a few beaver heads and I think the most difficult thing about servicing them is holding the coin mech while awkwardly pouring the change into a change bag.. Without dropping the mech or anything..

I'm thinking of just lining the cash tray with a looseleed paper so when I service I'll just pick up the paper at all 4 corners and walk out...

What do you guys think.. Anyone feel my pain?

I could honestly say that I never had any issues with Beaver machines my only complaint is that the globe is too small for live displays and it doesn't hold as much product as a NW

Beaver makes a square globe now for live displays. In ten years of running them I've only had two mechs break. Their plastic bodies kinda stink as far as a theft deterrent. Here going forward I'm buying 60s just for that reason.

I have no trouble dumping my coins very quickly. I'll try to post a picture in the next few days of how I do it.

We'll have to settle for a description. After removing the canister I put my thumb on top of the mech and my middle finger under the plastic out flow slot under the door. Lift it off the rod, dump coins, and put back. I did a few timings in the shop - best case (just a few coins) was 3 seconds, average was about 6 or 7 seconds. Maybe someone can chime in on why that is considered so slow compared to other machines...

• 1 year later...

Are you sure that is a Beaver. None of mine do that. The plastic bodies do not have a bottom to pick up the quarters with? There are only two options I have seen so far: an ABS cash box (that does not lift with the body and if it does it will crash with the weight of the coins), and a base collar for a lift and turn kind of thing to fit your hand in there and remove the quarters. And last but not least, that has nothing to do with what your saying of lifting the body is the use of the cash drawer.

I would actually like to know how your doing that when these are the only options because that would make my servicing a little easier.

In years past I've bought and sold many Chinese copies of the Beaver. Most of them had a coin box that can be pulled out and dumped. Iff'n I was a Beaver guy I would watch Craigslist and try to buy the coin boxes from guys selling the Chinese machines or go someplace like Gumball Machine Factory where they sell Chinese machines and try to buy the boxes.

On 1/22/2015 at 2:08 AM, huynhhh said:

So I have a few beaver heads and I think the most difficult thing about servicing them is holding the coin mech while awkwardly pouring the change into a change bag.. Without dropping the mech or anything..

I'm thinking of just lining the cash tray with a looseleed paper so when I service I'll just pick up the paper at all 4 corners and walk out...

What do you guys think.. Anyone feel my pain?

If you have a Beaver, that means that the plastic body does not have a bottom. That also must mean that you are lifting the body along with the globe and the mech with one hand and scooping out quarters with the other hand. That would be awkward. Beaver sells a base collar for a lift and twist kind of action. So you just lift and turn the machine and set it back down and you can scoop up all the lil' bits of love that people left you. That would also mean the the nuts and bolts that attach your base is the only thing that is bothersome. What I do about that is buy one of those cheap plastic see through cutting mats at the dollar store, drill a hole in it the same size as the one that holds down the machine, put the entire cutting mat down through the hole then I just trace the base, cut it out and put it in the base. Now all I do is lift, twist, slide and collect all the love. The base collars are $7 with a minimum order of $50.

Archived