honor boxes from charity vending

bhumphrey829

I was wondering if anyone on here could give me instructions step by step on how to fold the mint boxes you get from charity vending  They do not come with instructions and I am obviously not doing the steps in the right order.

Thanks in advance

Bryan Hunphrey

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the boxes, but have a request for you. Please, please, please keep us updated regularly with your results over the coming days/weeks/months. I've tried to seek out info from surfing through these forums and it seems like the progress updates are few and have extremely limited info. You would be doing a tremendous service to everyone here if you'll just keep us updated. Thank you!

Yes, sir I will definitely keep you posted.  I will tell you, that I actually had rodney69 (from this forum) place one mint box for me just to try him out.  After 5 days, 18.00, they requested I put more mints in than I originally had so I put 80 in there.  After 9 days they called and were completely out.  Went and collect $21.00, which I'm not real sure how to figure shrinkage since I sell them for .50 cents or 3 for a dollar but I am very impressed with the location so far.  By the way, it is a long standing seafood place here in my home town.  So I will definitely use Rodney in the future.  By the way, he found my location, the same day I signed the contract.  No upfront money. 

Yes, sir I will definitely keep you posted.  I will tell you, that I actually had rodney69 (from this forum) place one mint box for me just to try him out.  After 5 days, 18.00, they requested I put more mints in than I originally had so I put 80 in there.  After 9 days they called and were completely out.  Went and collect $21.00, which I'm not real sure how to figure shrinkage since I sell them for .50 cents or 3 for a dollar but I am very impressed with the location so far.  By the way, it is a long standing seafood place here in my home town.  So I will definitely use Rodney in the future.  By the way, he found my location, the same day I signed the contract.  No upfront money. 

I would think the most conservative way to figure it up would be to assume that every purchase is .33 (3 for $1.00). It sounds like seafood restaurants are the way to go. Congrats on the success so far, hope it continues, for my sake as well :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here we go.  I said I would post once I got my boxes from Charity Vending. Here is my advise.  DON"T DO IT!  This may just be an isolated incident but I don't think so.  But here is what happened to me.  The deal was I bought 25 boxes along with locations for $448.00 with shipping.  I got my boxes within 4 or 5 days.  about 1 week later I received my second shipment which included my price stickers and a quick start guide.  It also came with a  list of the 25 locations they secured for me.  I looked at the list and was thinking "wow, these are some great locations, I wonder how they got these in these corporate restaurant?"  So I read the start up guide.  It said to dress nice, and use this script:  "We are putting these out, it helps charity".  That's it.  That's all I was supposed to say.  Obviously I didn't use this script, I went in and said "Hi, I'm with The American Association for Lost Children and I'm supposed to leave this box up here.  8 out of the 25 said okay and I left the boxes there.  6 of the locations asked me who I had approved this with, and I gave them the contact name that was sent to me. All 6 of them said they had no one that worked there by that name.  9 of the locations said "we don't allow those in here". 

After I got home, I got 3 phone calls later that evening saying I needed to come pick up my boxes because they had talked to the manager and they did not authorize the boxes to be placed there.  So out of the 8 I lost 3 more.  So out of 25 locations, I placed 5. 

So the next day I called Wayne at Charity vending.  I told him what happened and he said to send James (the other guy there) an email and explain what happened and he would send me a form and get replacements for these.  Well I sent the email and of course still haven't heard back.  I asked him what could have happened and he said I made the mistake of giving them a contact number for me.  He said not to give them any way to contact me so that when I went back to service the location they would see I was a nice guy and they wouldn't mind the box being there.

So needless to say you live and learn and what I learned is when people on here warn you about stuff, take heed.  This was a 448.00 mistake.  Now I have to start paying Rodney to get these 20 boxes out but at least I know this will be money well spent.

Okay, here we go.  I said I would post once I got my boxes from Charity Vending. Here is my advise.  DON"T DO IT!  This may just be an isolated incident but I don't think so.  But here is what happened to me.  The deal was I bought 25 boxes along with locations for $448.00 with shipping.  I got my boxes within 4 or 5 days.  about 1 week later I received my second shipment which included my price stickers and a quick start guide.  It also came with a  list of the 25 locations they secured for me.  I looked at the list and was thinking "wow, these are some great locations, I wonder how they got these in these corporate restaurant?"  So I read the start up guide.  It said to dress nice, and use this script:  "We are putting these out, it helps charity".  That's it.  That's all I was supposed to say.  Obviously I didn't use this script, I went in and said "Hi, I'm with The American Association for Lost Children and I'm supposed to leave this box up here.  8 out of the 25 said okay and I left the boxes there.  6 of the locations asked me who I had approved this with, and I gave them the contact name that was sent to me. All 6 of them said they had no one that worked there by that name.  9 of the locations said "we don't allow those in here". 

After I got home, I got 3 phone calls later that evening saying I needed to come pick up my boxes because they had talked to the manager and they did not authorize the boxes to be placed there.  So out of the 8 I lost 3 more.  So out of 25 locations, I placed 5. 

So the next day I called Wayne at Charity vending.  I told him what happened and he said to send James (the other guy there) an email and explain what happened and he would send me a form and get replacements for these.  Well I sent the email and of course still haven't heard back.  I asked him what could have happened and he said I made the mistake of giving them a contact number for me.  He said not to give them any way to contact me so that when I went back to service the location they would see I was a nice guy and they wouldn't mind the box being there.

So needless to say you live and learn and what I learned is when people on here warn you about stuff, take heed.  This was a 448.00 mistake.  Now I have to start paying Rodney to get these 20 boxes out but at least I know this will be money well spent.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I had seen that ad on Craigslist a while back and wanted to see how others are doing with them. I saw a few posts that were dated from people that didn't have a good experience. Sorry to hear though. Now give Rodney a call!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I keep seeing Rodney's name.  I too am getting ready to start with some acrylic honor boxes.  I was going to get them from Charity Vending Or NCacrylics.... but I need the contact info on Rodney.  He sounds like the right person to do business with.  Thanks...

I keep seeing Rodney's name.  I too am getting ready to start with some acrylic honor boxes.  I was going to get them from Charity Vending Or NCacrylics.... but I need the contact info on Rodney.  He sounds like the right person to do business with

Thank you! rodney@vendinglocator4u.com

Thanks!

Archived