Buying 4 Office Delis in 5 hours. I HAVE QUESTIONS!

It's 10am on 1/28/15 and at 3:30 pm, I'm supposed to go look at 4 Office Deli machines to purchase. I wasn't given the model numbers. Just the serial numbers and a picture, which I attached here post-9746-0-60328200-1422467166_thumb.jpg. There are 4 machines total.

-2 machines are said to be working just fine and in a business park. (they need to be removed but they work fine)

-1 machine supposedly has a bad compressor in the refrigeration unit.

-1 machine isn't cooling the sodas.

My questions:

1. What questions should I ask the sellers before deciding to buy?

2. Anyone know of anyone in the Ventura/ Los Angeles county areas that can repair these machines?

3. Are these machines worth buying at about $1500 for all 3?

I already have a location for one of the machines if I buy, so it can be placed immediately. I was going to hire a locator to place the others ASAP, as soon as they are working properly. Any advice would be helpful!!! ^_^ 

It's 10am on 1/28/15 and at 3:30 pm, I'm supposed to go look at 4 Office Deli machines to purchase. I wasn't given the model numbers. Just the serial numbers and a picture, which I attached here attachicon.gifMachine.jpg. There are 4 machines total.

-2 machines are said to be working just fine and in a business park. (they need to be removed but they work fine)

My questions:

2. Anyone know of anyone in the Ventura/ Los Angeles county areas that can repair these machines?

I already have a location for one of the machines if I buy, so it can be placed immediately. I was going to hire a locator to place the others ASAP, as soon as they are working properly. Any advice would be helpful!!! ^_^ 

I am only going to answer question #3.

3).  No.

You are trying to buy machines from a company that is out-of-business.  You will have trouble getting parts for these machines.  From what you stated, 2 machines have major issues and the other 2 need to be pulled.  I can promise you that those other two machines will have issues within the next few years and you will have wished that you have never bought them.

You don't want to fool around with food.  Food is NOT profitable unless you get a HUGE location.... and a HUGE location requires FULL-SIZE equipment.  Those Antares Deli combos are absolute jokes and they were designed to look cool and futuristic so that fools would pay somewhere in the range of up to $10,000 PER COMBO just so Planet Antares would make HUGE profits before going out of business.

Upon reading my post, I recommend you call the guy and tell them you are no-longer interested.  I promise you that you could buy a nice can machine and something like an AP-7000 for around $1500 and put them at a decent location and make WAY more money with FAR LESS problems than that Antares Deli combo would ever have.

Small change- I misread the ad. They want $500 for the 2 working machines, and the 1 with a wonky compressor. $500 for 2 good working machines and one that I have to get fixed? Better deal with this change of detail, or definitely run away from these machines altogether?

The Office Deli machines are manufactured by Seaga, so parts are available for them, though at very high prices and with no real tech support behind them.  At $500 each and if the are complete and working you should be able to find suitable locations for them and probably make your money back in a year or so. 

If you'd like, you can ship the cooling units to me for repair as I have experience working on them.

The Office Deli machines are manufactured by Seaga, so parts are available for them, though at very high prices and with no real tech support behind them. At $500 each and if the are complete and working you should be able to find suitable locations for them and probably make your money back in a year or so.

If you'd like, you can ship the cooling units to me for repair as I have experience working on them.

You should note, however, that az is probably banking on these to pay off his boat

:)

It's 10am on 1/28/15 and at 3:30 pm, I'm supposed to go look at 4 Office Deli machines to purchase. I wasn't given the model numbers. Just the serial numbers and a picture, which I attached here attachicon.gifMachine.jpg. There are 4 machines total.

My questions:

You don't want these machines at any price - read the back posts on this subject.  You're walking into a nightmare here.

like the others have said. DONT buy them

company is out of business, you are on your own.

hunting parts from other units, until they are all gone.

and they don't hold much.

better to find a sattilite machine system that is still in business,

like Fawn, USI and some others I cant remember.

also thou, it would be cheaper to buy some regular vending machines,

and stay away from old bisopp equipment.

most modern vending machines come in different sizes for different locations.

hello I have one office deli machine.  the Canadian government changed out loonies and toonies and also our bills.  Thank you very much,,,,,,,I replaced the coin mech in the  machine.  Next the circuit board decide to die.  I replaced that too.  Now the machine has decided to drop two cans of pop when a customer makes a selection....and will even give their money back if they hit the coin return.  ANY ideas on what to check first to get the machine running properly again. Thanx

Well, Nathlye, did you go through with it?  Or with the consensus?

I haven't bought them... Yet. I will probably buy them Monday. I paid a $100 deposit (that I can get back on Monday if I don't buy). I figure, with only $500 invested, with 2 of them working, I can make my money back quickly and then get rid of them. I don't plan on keeping them more than a year or 2. Maybe I'll place the 2 working machines ASAP, and keep the other one for parts, just in case. I don't know... I'm just really anxious to get started, so I've done nothing but turn the negatives into positives  ;D

We will see how it goes. If I can make them last the rest of the year and they fail, at least I learned a thing or two, right?! RIGHT??! :unsure:

1 ) Build a time machine.

2 ) Go back in time to just before you purchased Office Deli machines.

3 ) Gopher-slap yourself until you change your mind.

4 ) Profit.

I think we have a candidate for post of the year award!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I wish I could build a time machine for some of the mistakes i have made....  ;D

Moondog... before you get worried that comments like that might end up with me having to sleep on the couch again... i'm already on it!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I haven't bought them... Yet. I will probably buy them Monday. I paid a $100 deposit (that I can get back on Monday if I don't buy). I figure, with only $500 invested, with 2 of them working, I can make my money back quickly and then get rid of them. I don't plan on keeping them more than a year or 2. Maybe I'll place the 2 working machines ASAP, and keep the other one for parts, just in case. I don't know... I'm just really anxious to get started, so I've done nothing but turn the negatives into positives  ;D

We will see how it goes. If I can make them last the rest of the year and they fail, at least I learned a thing or two, right?! RIGHT??! :unsure:

Hope it works out for you... at $500 you might get a lesson but at least it's not $5k.   Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I did buy all three machines. I had a vending machine repair guy come take a look at them and he said they are all in great condition except for the one I already knew about. It's going to cost about $700 to fix it. I figure, if I fix the broken one, I'll be in it for $1200. I am planning on selling the newly fixed one and getting my money back faster. Currently, I'm learning to work the machines and then going to find a locator to place them:)

Why do people ask questions and still go along with it? Should i jump off a bridge in 30 minutes? Noooo you have your whole life ahead of you, dont do it you can....in further news some guy jumped off a bridge tied to an office deli machine, he did not injure himself as the piece of junk floats with the cheap metals and plastic covers...

Seriously those machines suck. No one mentioned how about 40% of the vends are missvends. These are only good to flip maybe place 3 in crap locations that make 500 a month for all 3 and sell for 4 to 5k.

People ask questions for ADVICE. I wasn't asking anyone to make the decision for me- I do still have to make the decision on my own. I decided to by 3 instead of 4, and I'm only placing 2 of those machines. I've gotten those 3 machines checked out by a professional (who thinks I got an amazing deal. $500 for all 3 machines, 2 in perfect condition?!) and this is just something to get me started. I don't plan on having these machines forever. I appreciate the advice I've been given here. It has helped me out quite a bit to take certain things into consideration that I wouldn't have thought about. I am willing to lose $500 of this all goes horribly wrong and just to get my foot in the door.

Archived