Northwestern vending machine corp?

Rick Falcon

Dubble Bubble gumballs made in the USA.

Tootsie Roll Industries, the parent company, is a Chicago, USA company, too.

Dubble Bubble is made in Canada.  The only US gumball is Ford. Its a long story caused by the Cuban missile crisis and the embargo against them. Sugar was imported from Cuba many years ago and the confectioners moved to Canada to be able to get it cheap.

NW definitely keeps Dr. office hours being closed on Fridays and shutting down at 4 every day.  Melanie has been a little hard to get a hold of lately but they are getting product out much better than they did last year.  They had a bunch of problems with suppliers last year and I don't get the impression that they handled it well and they paid the price.  Looks like they are getting it straightened out but they still need to get better.

Hopefully they keep it together.

That's what happens when people buy cheap Chinese knock-offs. The American companies go bankrupt due to decreasing sales. Once the American companies go under, the Chinese can jack up their prices due to no competition. And what's the deal with Oak? Their website looks like it was put together by a 5th grader. An AOL e-mail address??? Not professional looking.

Well you really need to look at how we got here. Through the years American government has past trade agreements and import laws that make it possible for all that so called chinese junk to be imported at such a low cost. I would love to have a total US made market place for all goods. But we do not have the work force to run all the factories. The sad fact is that too many Americans are on the government hand out list and many others are unwilling to to work hard in a factory. Then you have cost of US made goods being run up by actions of unions. I have a friend that drives for UPS he picks up for air packages and makes 32,00 per hour. If he touches one ground package he is also paid the ground rate of 28.00 per hour for that day. Crazy hell ya it is but that's their union contract. Growing up my mom worked in a factory her best friend was killed at work by a worker working unsafe. Drug test reviled he was on drugs. Company was sued for millions and had to pay out. The unsafe worker was tested positive twice prior at work high but the union did not allow him to be fired. However the company was forced by the union to pay for rehab. When companies are on strike it cost millions of dollars in loss production. We all bare these cost.

Wow so it's all the Unions fault??? Unions brought you safe working conditions, weekends and OT rate Ect Ect. There were many men that died so we can have a fair and safe working conditions. Furthermore $32.00/hr is nothing to brag about, that one paycheck will not provide for a family of 4. Everyone like to point the finger at the Union man making a measly $30/hr yet the CEO drives off in his Porsche headed to his second home on a Lake he has his Yacht . It is a bunch of things that ruined this country mainly the man in the suit not the guy carrying the lunch pail in blue jeans.

Unions make up less than 10% of work force kinda hard to place 90% of blame on them.

Wow so it's all the Unions fault??? Unions brought you safe working conditions, weekends and OT rate Ect Ect. There were many men that died so we can have a fair and safe working conditions. Furthermore $32.00/hr is nothing to brag about, that one paycheck will not provide for a family of 4. Everyone like to point the finger at the Union man making a measly $30/hr yet the CEO drives off in his Porsche headed to his second home on a Lake he has his Yacht . It is a bunch of things that ruined this country mainly the man in the suit not the guy carrying the lunch pail in blue jeans.

Unions make up less than 10% of work force kinda hard to place 90% of blame on them.

There is such thing as taking it too far

And when they take it too far and the company goes down, everyone is out on the street

There is such thing as taking it too far

And when they take it too far and the company goes down, everyone is out on the street

That's my point when unions were created they were desperately needed. But protecting drug users from being fired is crazy. They are just not needed anymore. They drive up cost and drive out jobs.

Well they are not really closed on Friday's they just don't answer the phone. I was there today and pick up my order.

That's bad business. I contacted two American made bulk companies this past week to purchase. After 10 phone calls to each none were picked up. We played phone and email tag. When I call a company to place an order I expect the phone to be answered. AA will now get the order. There is always some one to help. And if I need them I cal call CA as late at 730 pm my time. The American made companies don't want my money. I tried to give it to them.

Did you call Eagle? If you need Rod's dir line, it's: 909-447-7870

He's only missed my call once and he was at lunch.  Although, I do agree that AA answers more than most.

Archived