Bulk Machines from China

rgarrison

I have been using Oak Vista machines for years and have been very happy. In my search for cost reduction I have found machines from China at almost half the price. I have been testing 1 sample and so far seem to be of equal quality. Does anyone have experience using the China machines. They look exactly like a Beaver machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what China made machine you are trying out but I started with offshore stuff and have made the switch to beaver , they cost more but worth every penny .

I have been using Oak Vista machines for years and have been very happy. In my search for cost reduction I have found machines from China at almost half the price. I have been testing 1 sample and so far seem to be of equal quality. Does anyone have experience using the China machines. They look exactly like a Beaver machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trash, no parts support, youll pay for it in the long run

The mechs fall apart, fit isnt perfect etc

There aint many USA companys left in bulk vending. Oak, Northwestern, Eagle. We are already at the mercy of foreign overloards with toys and novelties, if we dont support what few USA companys we have left we will be at their mercy for machines as well.

Some things are more important than saving a few bucks.

There aint many USA companys left in bulk vending. Oak, Northwestern, Eagle. We are already at the mercy of foreign overloards with toys and novelties, if we dont support what few USA companys we have left we will be at their mercy for machines as well.

Some things are more important than saving a few bucks.

You should Anchorage them to answer the phone. They may get a few more orders.

What they all said- most import units are cheap, but they leave a lot to be desired. They're not particularly sturdy, they have various vend problems, mech quality can vary wildly, and they all seem to deteriorate pretty fast. Most in my experience take "special" locks, some of which work fine, and others that won't work right out of the box. Then you're stuck trying to get parts from halfway around the world, hoping that they're better than the first batch.

There are a lot of great manufacturers and suppliers in the US- and though they may cost more up front, the support and parts availability will make it all worth it a few years later. Believe me- I've retired my fair share of LYPC's.

Im guessing if you buy a few hundred machines, a supplier would give you decent pricing. Call A&A Global or Beaver, you will talk to a live person, that will help you.

Surprisingly, I've talked to almost all of the major suppliers and they did not offer a significant discount for 1000 heads vs 500 vs. 20.  And I'll admit they could have been bluffing or I just wasn't negotiating well, but there was maybe 2-4 dollar savings per head for very large orders compared to more modest ones.  Savings yes - but not what you'd expect for a $60,000 sale vs. $1200.  

samsclub sells both name brand and generic imports.

I see the northwestern triples for the 50 piece price.

250.00 I think, but you can get good and cheaper from A%A too.

sams also has cheap imports too,

but you cant choose your config and no one in the usa has parts for them.

Chinese metal triples for 190.00 delivered.

Supplier relationships are built over time just like customer relationships. How many calls do you a major supplier gets from idiots with three machines asking for a price on 100? I wager that for every 1000 calls a machine supplier gets there is only one real sales opportunity. Just like here, how many folks show up with names like vending giant, super gumball guy, vending money monster etc, and after a year or so of pointless posts they quietly disappear. Not to be snarky but if you are serious you need to build a relationship. The best way to do this is go to a show and meet people face to face. Then they will see you are making an investment in learning and building your network.

How do you think companies like Oak keep the price low? Its because they dont have a bunch of staff answering phones. They outsource stuff and use cheap labor to assemble. That causes back-ups sometimes. They are always putting out fires, backed up on an order, waiting for stuff from the machine shop or paint, assembling machines for a large order. Its the nature of the beast.

If you need a voice now call gumball factory machines warehouse or whatever bizop and pay twice as much for 1/20th the quality. If you want USA quality, make a couple calls, wait a little while, do what you gotta do.

no I meant you could buy and make triples.

I think my rep said they still maked the 3 machines stand plates.

You can get 3 machine plates from a few suppliers. AA quit making them because of the stability of the 3 head unit as a whole.

Archived