Bulk Machines from China

rgarrison

How do you think companies like Oak keep the price low? Its because they dont have a bunch of staff answering phones. They outsource stuff and use cheap labor to assemble. That causes back-ups sometimes. They are always putting out fires, backed up on an order, waiting for stuff from the machine shop or paint, assembling machines for a large order. Its the nature of the beast.

If you need a voice now call gumball factory machines warehouse or whatever bizop and pay twice as much for 1/20th the quality. If you want USA quality, make a couple calls, wait a little while, do what you gotta do.

I would never buy machines from a resale site you mentioned. Not sure about you but when I order products I normally have the phone in one hand and service a rack with the other. I don't have time to play phone tag to spend money. If I understand you correctly we should forgo customer service from suppliers just to buy american machines. Why should we give a pass to oak and NW. If they want the business they should step up their game.

I would never buy machines from a resale site you mentioned. Not sure about you but when I order products I normally have the phone in one hand and service a rack with the other. I don't have time to play phone tag to spend money. If I understand you correctly we should forgo customer service from suppliers just to buy american machines. Why should we give a pass to oak and NW. If they want the business they should step up their game.

We should give a pass to Oak and NW beacuse if we dont support them at some point we wont have that choice.

There's a burger place in town that makes a good burger. But the place is filthy, low health score and bad service. I'm not about to give them hard earned green in hopes they straighten up or incase one day I want that burger. I use NW for some projects.

Where will our kids work, that is the question everyone should ask theirselves when making a purchase.

I agree but some companies need to clean up their act

There's a burger place in town that makes a good burger. But the place is filthy, low health score and bad service. I'm not about to give them hard earned green in hopes they straighten up or incase one day I want that burger. I use NW for some projects.

I agree but some companies need to clean up their act

i use crappy China AA machines for those type locations.

Supplier relationships are built over time just like customer relationships. How many calls do you a major supplier gets from idiots with three machines asking for a price on 100? I wager that for every 1000 calls a machine supplier gets there is only one real sales opportunity. Just like here, how many folks show up with names like vending giant, super gumball guy, vending money monster etc, and after a year or so of pointless posts they quietly disappear. Not to be snarky but if you are serious you need to build a relationship. The best way to do this is go to a show and meet people face to face. Then they will see you are making an investment in learning and building your network.

I have no idea how many calls they get, but your post suggests they wouldn't be willing to quote "the idiot with three machines" as low of a price as you, or some other vendor they have a good relationship with.  If that's true then it's a huge mistake.  It would behoove suppliers to treat every tire kicker like they are their next regional revenue stream because you never know which call is serious - and why chase away the one you could have had to a competitor?  I agree though, it can't hurt to attend shows and network face to face.  

So if I own a business and a thirty year customer that always pays before invoice, knows what he wants, always buys quantity, calls me I should charge him the same price as some unknown random caller with no credit and no clue that wants to buy a gum all machine?

Well sir what kind of machine do you want? A red one! What wheel do you need? I don't want wheels on it, it would be to easy to steal! What size globe do you want? What's a globe?

So if I own a business and a thirty year customer that always pays before invoice, knows what he wants, always buys quantity, calls me I should charge him the same price as some unknown random caller with no credit and no clue that wants to buy a gum all machine?

Well sir what kind of machine do you want? A red one! What wheel do you need? I don't want wheels on it, it would be to easy to steal! What size globe do you want? What's a globe?

That is absolutely what I'm saying.  100 units is 100 units is 100 units.  Once upon a time that 30 year customer didn't have the slightest clue what he was doing and the most helpful supplier that took the time to educate him or her about their options and provided the best value PROBABLY won their business.  Wanna know what happens to 30 year customers - they retire and die.  Now somebody randomly calling who wants to buy A gumball machine, I'm with you.  

Lmao'. "I don't want wheels on it." You know those suppliers could tell some good stories I bet .

That was a classic line musser.   ^-^

I get it Rick, really I do. I guess I am "jaded" after dealing with so many wanna bes over the years. I suspect the biggest reason suppliers wont quote the quantity discount price right off with out knowing the buyer is because as soon as they do there will be the inevitable person that will come back "well if you can sell me a machine for $38.75 (the 100 price) you can sell me one machine for the same, its the same machine."

But I understand your issue. Bulk manufacturers are pretty old school and behind the times. A&A has a great on line catalog but they don't even have an online store for parts. I can understand maybe not for machines due to cost fluctuations and machine configuration, but parts? I just bought a rebuild kit for a 1968 Ford industrial tractor carburetor from an online store front. But I cant buy a globe for a gumball machine that has millions in the field?

Valid points.  I can see there are definite advantages to not giving your bottom line to someone you don't even know over the phone.  For all they know I'm a competitor trying to do a price check. 

Archived