Wiz-Kid Spiral Gumball Machine Troubleshooting

grand

One of my spiral locations called to let me know the machine is taking quarters but is not vending gumballs.

Any tips for troubleshooting the machine? Taking all the gumballs out sounds like a lot of work, especially if there's an easier way.

Thanks in advance.

1, check to be sure, may be one a lying kid

2, ckeck the mech, make sure the gear turns

When I get there tomorrow I'll put quarters in and make sure there's an issue.

Assuming there is a valid issue, and the mech takes my quarters and turns, without returning a gumball, is there a likely culprit or issue I should be checking on?

When I get there tomorrow I'll put quarters in and make sure there's an issue.

Assuming there is a valid issue, and the mech takes my quarters and turns, without returning a gumball, is there a likely culprit or issue I should be checking on?

The issue would likely be at the vend wheel. If some gumballs have gotten broken or jammed towards the bottom, they may be preventing the vend wheel from loading. The fastest way to check this, in my experience, is to get a big kitchen spoon and give it a good stir to try and dislodge whatever may be stuck. Vend it a couple times afterwards to make sure that whatever is stuck is clear. If the gum is melted, or the wheel will not turn at all (not just the mech, the vend wheel itself), then you'll likely need to empty the unit to deal with the vend wheel manually to clear it of any bits or pieces that have gotten jammed between the hopper and the wheel. I've only ever had to do this once, and the best method I found was to take the unit back to the shop, then get a couple friends to lift the whole unit on it's side to re-fill the bags the gum came in from Oak Leaf. It wasn't fun, but it got the job done in no time. Good luck sir!

I got to the location and put a couple quarters in. They go in and the beaver mech turns just fine. No gumballs drop though.

I brought a wooden spoon, and that worked great stirring the gumballs all around. That makes the stirring much easier than I was expecting. I put a few bucks in quarters in and got gumballs every time but the last quarter. Huh.

I tried again and no gumballs are dropping again, same problem as before.

I'm glad I kept testing or I would have gotten a call next week about the gumballs not working again.

This location is literally feet away from my house, so I leave and bring back a new machine half-filled with gumballs. I tested on location and ran maybe $10 through without any problems.

While putting the top back on the not-working machine, I broke the top lock somehow. So now this machine needs some work. But at least I have a working machine on location again--I'm also lucky to have just picked up another red machine, that's the color the location specifically requested.

Thanks for your help and feedback earlier.

I got to the location and put a couple quarters in. They go in and the beaver mech turns just fine. No gumballs drop though.

I brought a wooden spoon, and that worked great stirring the gumballs all around. That makes the stirring much easier than I was expecting. I put a few bucks in quarters in and got gumballs every time but the last quarter. Huh.

I tried again and no gumballs are dropping again, same problem as before.

I'm glad I kept testing or I would have gotten a call next week about the gumballs not working again.

This location is literally feet away from my house, so I leave and bring back a new machine half-filled with gumballs. I tested on location and ran maybe $10 through without any problems.

While putting the top back on the not-working machine, I broke the top lock somehow. So now this machine needs some work. But at least I have a working machine on location again--I'm also lucky to have just picked up another red machine, that's the color the location specifically requested.

Thanks for your help and feedback earlier.

That is a strange problem then. Good luck solving that mystery sir!

Archived