1800's 3 head bulk still good machine?

soonerman

New guy here-Just wondering if the 1800 vending 3 head bulk candy .25 machine is still good today. I  bought 30 new/unused machines and wanting to sell some and use some for business.  I know 1800 vending quit the bulk machines a few years ago, but are the machines reliable, easy to find parts (from ebay, etc.), and still attract buyers?  Like all, there are mixed reviews on them.  I have sold few for $90-100 on craigslist, but was hoping they would sell little faster.  So wondering what the pros think.  Thanks!

I use them and have had very few issues. If you're going with a triple I would fully endorse 1-800 as well as Northwestern. Parts are available and you can get new / near new for 100 bucks.

• 4 months later...

Also, I was looking at the LYPC triple pod machines online and they look identical to the 1800 machines. I need some chute flaps for a partial machine I own and the LYPC chute flaps are I two sizes, middle chute and end chute. I measured all the chute flaps on my 1800 machines and they the middle is the same size as the end ones. So I called the LYPC phone number today (7-21-15) and the lady answering the phone says the 1800 and LYPC triple pod are different machines. she didn't know the dimensions of the middle and end chute flaps so I don't know if they are the same or not.

So end of story, I still think the LYPC parts will fit the 1800 machines, so I guess I'll have to buy an LYPC triple pod and see if they fit.

1800's are the best plastic triples around. Now, it's still a plastic triple, but you use the right tool for the job. Unless something has dramatically changed, I believe that a lot of the LYPC/Pro-Line parts are compatible (such as the coin mechs and locks) but this was some time ago, so things may have changed.

I have about 20 1800's but there not as easy to find as I'd like since I guess they stopped making them. Anyone find a good replacement/substitute machine that I can get straight from the manufacturer? 

I have about 20 1800's but there not as easy to find as I'd like since I guess they stopped making them. Anyone find a good replacement/substitute machine that I can get straight from the manufacturer? 

If you are intent on a triple head machine then the Northwestern Triple Play is the only thing I would consider as a good substitute.  Although it lacks the convenience of the removable individual canister, the machine is built like a tank.  You can get parts for it along with 50 cent mechs, cabinet backs, and different wheels.  Just make sure you dont put it in the sun....

If you are intent on a triple head machine then the Northwestern Triple Play is the only thing I would consider as a good substitute.  Although it lacks the convenience of the removable individual canister, the machine is built like a tank.  You can get parts for it along with 50 cent mechs, cabinet backs, and different wheels.  Just make sure you dont put it in the sun....

The Northwestern Triple Play is the best triple- barring the canister issue, it's basically 3 60's packed into a really small space. The next step down would be your metal triples (Routepro, Routemastey, Seaga, XYZ, Amerivend, etc.) which are similar though not nearly as nice. Anything cheaper than that, and you'll want to steer clear.

1800's are the only plastic triple I'd recommend people run with for any length of time, and I only recommend Vendstars to newbies. Anything else in the "plastic" category (Ever-Vend, Ultravend, EZ-Vend, etc.) are all far more trouble than they are worth, and will cost you far more in the long run.

Something all too many beginners get wrong is that they buy too much junk- your first few machines is pretty much expected, and totally okay, but you want to start buying quality gear as soon as you can so you can actually "grow" your business rather than just forever be maintaining it.

The Northwestern Triple Play is the best triple- barring the canister issue, it's basically 3 60's packed into a really small space. The next step down would be your metal triples (Routepro, Routemastey, Seaga, XYZ, Amerivend, etc.) which are similar though not nearly as nice. Anything cheaper than that, and you'll want to steer clear.

Yea, it seems like most of the good machine company went out of  business in 2009 or around there. There doesn't seem to be a good match that's currently producing machines equal to the old 1800's. I do see a machine from China the Zenjet 104 that some guy on craigslist is trying to sell me, but it's hard to see if they're still around and how good the machine actually is. 

Yea, it seems like most of the good machine company went out of  business in 2009 or around there. There doesn't seem to be a good match that's currently producing machines equal to the old 1800's. I do see a machine from China the Zenjet 104 that some guy on craigslist is trying to sell me, but it's hard to see if they're still around and how good the machine actually is. 

A good rule of thumb with imports is that until PROVEN otherwise, assume it's JUNK. Vending is a business- don't gamble your business success on something made a world away with zero support should you have any trouble.

Archived