Sheridan Systems - Mint Box Locators

Janiceb

Greetings members,

My name is Janice.  I am from the Maryland area and am a part time vendor, with about 10 gumball machines and 1 combo.   I am now looking to expand into Mint/Lollypop boxes, as my available time has increased.   My question is whether any of you have used Sheridan Systems for their telemarketing locating service.   I know they offer an inexpensive rate of $10 per location, and wondering about your experiences.

I have searched the forum for information directly related to Sheridan as a locator and could not find anything, however, please pardon me if somehow I overlooked it.  I would appreciate any assistance.

On another note, I have also been talking to Rodney of vendinglocator4u, and submitted a request for the placement of one of my bulk heads that needs a new home.   I am aware that he also offers mint box locating, and from the reviews I have seen here, people have had good experiences with him too.

Thanks,

Janice

Thank you Mainor5251 for your comments.  I appreciate it.   I will keep that in mind.  I plan to make my order this week, and trying to decide whether to let Sheridan do a few and some with Rodney for a comparison.   I have heard many good things about Rodney.

Thanks again

Sheridan doesn't charge 10.00. "Locator Joe" locates their boxes. Lady I heard was 15 or so on the phone? Maybe 20. 28 for in person.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. When considering anyone's service, do your research on this forum, our elsewhere.

Thanks all.  I appreciate the comments for this one.  It's great to have a forum like this available where we can share information.  Rodney is currently locating a couple of my bulk head machines, and I can't wait to get my first order of mint boxes.  I'm  sure I'll be reaching out to him for service in that area as well.  

Thanks again,

Janice

Thanks for the heads up.   I was waiting on my mint boxes for a little while now and that explains the wait.   Can't wait for them to get here so I can get them placed.  Rodney, you'll be hearing from me again soon!  Thanks for the great service with the bulk head locations by the way  :D

I have placed my first 20 locations from telemarketing.  At first glance they all seem like great locations.  Knowing some of the locations personally and knowing the traffice that they have i can see 5-6 that could generate $25 or more per week.  One location was selling a 175 count of york patties everyweek.  So that location will generate over $150 month if sales stay the same.  I only had one location give me a hard time and it was a national chain.  They still owe me 20 more locations and if they are as good as the first 20 I expect the 40 locations to do over $1200 per month.

I have placed my first 20 locations from telemarketing.  At first glance they all seem like great locations.  Knowing some of the locations personally and knowing the traffice that they have i can see 5-6 that could generate $25 or more per week.  One location was selling a 175 count of york patties everyweek.  So that location will generate over $150 month if sales stay the same.  I only had one location give me a hard time and it was a national chain.  They still owe me 20 more locations and if they are as good as the first 20 I expect the 40 locations to do over $1200 per month.

Who did you use to locate your boxes, was it Rodney?

I used Sheriden.  Raffy has done a very nice job.  I got 15 locations the first day and the rest over 5 days.  I still have 15 location which I should have by end of this week. All of the location were expecting me. Raffy tells them I will be there within 3 days.  I usually get a list from her around 4pm  and I place them the next day. I have had only one problem( owner did not want the box, manager had ok'd it).  The $1200 is an estimate based on my knowlegde of the location.  They are all in my hometown and I know many of the owners.

I used Sheriden. Raffy has done a very nice job. I got 15 locations the first day and the rest over 5 days. I still have 15 location which I should have by end of this week. All of the location were expecting me. Raffy tells them I will be there within 3 days. I usually get a list from her around 4pm and I place them the next day. I have had only one problem( owner did not want the box, manager had ok'd it). The $1200 is an estimate based on my knowlegde of the location. They are all in my hometown and I know many of the owners.

No offense and I could be wrong, but you sound like a salesman or someone that had a personal gain in your pitch. Someone that is new to any business and only on a forum for a short time wouldn't know what to say and how to say it like you have.

Ask of that precise info in that amount of response is typically a sales pitch.

Look at most everyone's feedback for any one, it's not that thorough and Numbers? If you've never had a route of boxes, how could you possibly think it would Make 1200? A guess? Sounds like the ads on craigslist.

I was a national sales rep for a major company so excuse me for not writing like an idiot.  My first collection after 7-10 days from 22 locations was $258. you do the math if you can what 40 locations a month will bring in.  Ripping off people for $37 for what Seriden does for $10 I guess I would be defensive too.

Tecman received his locations 4/20 and on 4/24 reports a location selling 175 mints in a week? Something going on.

I personally think it's people being dishonest and trying to get business.

If it is, ourcould hurt more than just their business. That would tarnish everyone involved.

I was a national sales rep for a major company so excuse me for not writing like an idiot.  My first collection after 7-10 days from 22 locations was $258. you do the math if you can what 40 locations a month will bring in.  Ripping off people for $37 for what Seriden does for $10 I guess I would be defensive too.

That sounds a lot more realistic than what was mentioned previously.

I was a national sales rep for a major company so excuse me for not writing like an idiot. My first collection after 7-10 days from 22 locations was $258. you do the math if you can what 40 locations a month will bring in. Ripping off people for $37 for what Seriden does for $10 I guess I would be defensive too.

Ooh I'm not ofended at all. I don't charge 37 either. It has nothing to do with my locating business, nor do I feel threatened. I make very little on locating, that's why I didn't just accuse, I said it sounds like.

You being a salesman is why you sound that way.

I Annie's business and have customers that continually stay with me.

I have seen locators come and go for years.

I think it's great that they did a good job!

I do my best to help people, that's all.

As far as sounding like an idiot, I never said that or intended that. Sorry your having a rough day.

I was a national sales rep for a major company so excuse me for not writing like an idiot. My first collection after 7-10 days from 22 locations was $258. you do the math if you can what 40 locations a month will bring in. Ripping off people for $37 for what Seriden does for $10 I guess I would be defensive too.

And Yugos were 3995

But people still bought the pricier Chevys and didn't call it a rip off just cause Yugos were cheaper

Why?

Quality

Rodney charges more , but he has a better service

Archived