Dixie Narco older coke machine not vending

myrfio

I have an older model dixie narco diet coke machine and it won't vend.  I have recently replaced the credit relay cube piece but it didnt help.  the machine is set at 20 cents and it takes a quarter and spits out a nickel and when you hit a button to vend a can, nothing happens.  Does anyone have any advice?  I am willing to take any photos and answer any diagnostic questions.  Please help.  Thank you 

Since it dispenses the correct change, I am assuming that the coin mech is not the issue. Will any of the motors run by depressing the vend switch on the motors? Can you supply us with the machine make/model as well as the model coin mech that you have? That would help in diagnosing.

Make sure that EVERY plug going to all of your selection buttons and all of your motors is plugged in.  If any one of those plugs is disconnected, it can cause some or all of your selections to not work as the machine is unable to complete the cycle.

Also check that there are no jams in the machine.  The EASIEST way to diagnose this is to UNPLUG the machine (or disconnect the barrel plug at the bottom of the machine in front of the refrigeration deck), take the motor cover off, and gently push every brake on each motor to see if any selections turn enough that you hear an obvious motor noise which can mean you had a jammed column and the pressure has been relieved from that column.  It is also easy to see if you have a jam by simply removing all of the product from that selection but that can be a pain at times.  Just make sure you plug the barrel plug back in after you're done (but do this AFTER putting the motor cover back on) or else your electronics will not work as they will have no power.

I have cans loaded into slot one, and if I pull out that little metel piece, the motor will turn and let out a can.  I have however not checked every slot.  Tomorrow when I get off work, I will try and run every motor to see that they all work.  I will also get the make of the pop machine.  The coin mech in it is a trc 6800h.  Thank you guy sfor taking the time to help, much appreciated.  If any more info is needed, I am ready to give any details needed to help my cause.

Verify that all motors will run by pressing the motor switches on each column. If they all run to the next home position then all motors are good. No product needs to be in columns. If all run the proceed to the next step. If 1 or 2 motors won't run then verify all switches are connected properly and they are all in home position. If they are check wiring to make sure there isn't a burned wire or shorted. Sometimes a motor gets replaced and a wire will get under one of the motor legs and short out the circuit. Or someone has had motor cover off and hit the center switches with the cover when replacing it.

Power runs from the motors right to left. Put the motor switches if there are 3 in the notch on the cam by pressing the one that is already in notch just enough to place all 3 in notch. No product needs to be in columns. Now deposit coins in mech, first motor on right should vend and stop at home. Deposit coins for each of the motors till you have run them all from right to left. Each motor will run to the next home position. I like to do this twice for each column and while the motor is running listen for any metal scraping sounds coming from the cup turning. Scraping or groaning indicates a bent cup and will have to be replaced.

If all run you have eliminated everything in the stack, the coin mech and the credit relay. Your attention needs to be on selection panel for the problem. Most common would be a broken common wire or bad selection switch. Check for broken wires on panel. If none then a multi meter is needed to check continuity. With one lead on the common of the very bottom switch and the other lead on the very top you should have continuity. If not move the top lead down to each switch until you find continuity,  The switch above the one that has continuity is most likely the bad one.

This procedure will work on all pre 90 series D/N. After 90 they went to only 2 switches on motors so only parts will work. Motors will run past the notch and run to the next home position.  

Archived