MDB snack machine choice

I have a potential location but the manager wants Credit Card readers.  I chose to go with USAT as they seem to be on the forefront as far as cashless payment and even provide telemetry services.  I dont doubt that this location will yeild solid profits because I have 3 machines at another one of their locations (with less employees) right down the road and it has always done well for me.  After doing some research I have found that people's suggestions are all over the place.  Up until now I have always used non MDB crane 147 snack machines and a couple of AP  LCM snack machines.  I havent found a good price on any MDB AP's thought.  Right now my best option is looking like a USI Wittern HR series 40 selection snack machine.  The machine does MDB and includes an IVEND drop sensor.  I tend to stay away from usi but this model looked to be updated and looks like it has to potential to be a solid machine. This guy is asking for 1500 but is willing to part with it for 1000.

What are your experiences with these newer model USI snack machines?  Is there a comparable AP alternative that I should be keeping an eye out for?

Thanks in Advance,

Frank

I have a potential location but the manager wants Credit Card readers.  I chose to go with USAT as they seem to be on the forefront as far as cashless payment and even provide telemetry services.  I dont doubt that this location will yeild solid profits because I have 3 machines at another one of their locations (with less employees) right down the road and it has always done well for me.  After doing some research I have found that people's suggestions are all over the place.  Up until now I have always used non MDB crane 147 snack machines and a couple of AP  LCM snack machines.  I havent found a good price on any MDB AP's thought.  Right now my best option is looking like a USI Wittern HR series 40 selection snack machine.  The machine does MDB and includes an IVEND drop sensor.  I tend to stay away from usi but this model looked to be updated and looks like it has to potential to be a solid machine. This guy is asking for 1500 but is willing to part with it for 1000.

What are your experiences with these newer model USI snack machines?  Is there a comparable AP alternative that I should be keeping an eye out for?

Thanks in Advance,

Frank

I'm pretty much in the same boat Frank.  I'd like to get upgraded but all of the newer MDB machines seem to be built like crap - just as bad or worse than the USI machines which I also avoid.  I do have a newer AP Studio 1 refrigerated unit that is MDB capable but I wouldn't recommend that pile of junk to anybody - not at all like the old APs.  The one you might take a look at is the AMS Outsider as it's supposedly built to take a beating.  I haven't seen one yet - not too many AMS machines out here.

Not knocking your USI or price, I would buy a AP 7600 and update the board to a VE board which is MDB and CC ready and you can get Ivend drop sensor to.

Yes, I'm partial to AP machines. And like moondawg said the newer AP's is basically junk!

my two cents, but I could be speaking out of my golpher hole!

cajun

If you like your 147s InOne makes a board kit that will allow you to take CCs

Be careful the USIs early MDB equipment are not DEX capable. It would be a shame to get CCs without telemetry.

Walta

I think Im going to pass on the USI.  If the price was a little more attractive I might go for it but I would rather try to stick with what I know.  I do like my 147's but i would rather stick to usat.  I know VE sells the UCB's that can convert the 147's to MDB and also includes a connection for a vend sensor.  Although, the price is a little hefty at $415.

Gotta spend money to make money!  If you don't invest money up front you will be investing it later.  Do it right the first time and you'll be much happier.  There's nothing wrong with the USI HR40 and it's I-vend works very well.  There's even a second opening on it for you to mount the card reader into.

If you can get an HR40 for the same price and with more selections, I-vend and dual spirals why not do that instead?  The LCM1 will require you to drill holes in the door face which you won't have any way of covering up when you remove the card reader and you won't have any guaranteed vend.  

Right now my best option is looking like a USI Wittern HR series 40 selection snack machine.  The machine does MDB and includes an IVEND drop sensor.  I tend to stay away from usi but this model looked to be updated and looks like it has to potential to be a solid machine. This guy is asking for 1500 but is willing to part with it for 1000.

Do you know the model number of the HR Series machine that you are looking at purchasing?

• 4 weeks later...

@fantasy football champion;

It was actually not an HR series machine it was a model 3510.

I ended up actually picking it up for 750, I got the guy to lower the price a bit. 

I also picked up a Crane GPL 173D for $400  that I found and I will be using this machine for said location.

Both of these machines cover all the bases I was looking for.  Both have drop sensors, are MDB, included a slot for a CC reader, and have dual spirals.  I think I'm going to like the GPL more but I wont know until I really get it on location and up and running for a while.

Thanks again for the help guys.   

Archived