3 Machines 2 locations

Found this place for sale with 3 machines in to locations for 1K, the machines are close to each other..

A spare in working condition rarely used, and change machines in each locations...

1st place has little traffic and grosses about $100 a month, the other 2 are in a Carwash/Lube place both grossing about $320 a month .. There is an outside coke machine that is not being used due to the fact the owner of the place don't want to deal with ordering and refilling the machine.. I was told I can take that place once they have Coke Cola take their machine back.. The prices in the coke machine were $2 for a 20 oz drink..

To service the route will take about an hour plus the commute to the location..

Machines are Antaras combos, but running so far... I'm thinking on running these machines for about a year or so and maybe replacing them with some refurbished one down the road..

Any thoughts on the outdoor soda machine ? its on the front of the garage, and I think i can still put $2 or maybe lower it to $1.25 or something..

Any thoughts suggestions please ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this place for sale with 3 machines in to locations for 1K, the machines are close to each other..

A spare in working condition rarely used, and change machines in each locations...

1st place has little traffic and grosses about $100 a month, the other 2 are in a Carwash/Lube place both grossing about $320 a month .. There is an outside coke machine that is not being used due to the fact the owner of the place don't want to deal with ordering and refilling the machine.. I was told I can take that place once they have Coke Cola take their machine back.. The prices in the coke machine were $2 for a 20 oz drink..

To service the route will take about an hour plus the commute to the location..

Machines are Antaras combos, but running so far... I'm thinking on running these machines for about a year or so and maybe replacing them with some refurbished one down the road..

Any thoughts on the outdoor soda machine ? its on the front of the garage, and I think i can still put $2 or maybe lower it to $1.25 or something..

Any thoughts suggestions please ?

All you're really getting here for a thousand dollars is two sub par locations, one of which they'd have to pay me to take.  You already know our feelings about that Antares crap, so I won't dwell on that.  The second location might be alright with two full size machines in there.  Any outside soda machine should have a cage on it.

If you do the deal be prepared for Coke to drag their feet with the machine pull. The last location I had with a Coke owned machine in it drug on for 3 months. Finally I called (instead of the location manager) and told them they had 3 days to pick their machine up or it was going to the scrap yard. The guy on the phone kinda laughed at the notion but I didn't flinch on it. I said, "Three days and not a hour longer.....scrapped!". The next day they picked it up.

As far as the Antares machines; you can't really consider those vending machines. Just look at the location and figure on what it would make with some real vending machines in there. I ran a route with 10 Antares machines and it was very frustrating. They don't hold enough product to even make it worth your while and you will spend part of your time taking apart the coin jammers to pull out Chucky Cheese tokens and washers. Every time I walked up to one I imagined I was there to load it up and throw it off a cliff or take it to the scrap yard to watch it get smashed to pieces. The guy that owned those machines ended up just giving them away.

If you do the deal be prepared for Coke to drag their feet with the machine pull. The last location I had with a Coke owned machine in it drug on for 3 months. Finally I called (instead of the location manager) and told them they had 3 days to pick their machine up or it was going to the scrap yard. The guy on the phone kinda laughed at the notion but I didn't flinch on it. I said, "Three days and not a hour longer.....scrapped!". The next day they picked it up.

Lot of times they pull them and scrap them anyways...

I would leave the Coke machine if the owner is ok with it. You haven't stole it as long as you don;t move it and you have permission from business, Fill it with what ever you want. They may never pick it up and you won't have to worry about quotas. Then you can concentrate on finding machines for the other locations. $1,000 isn't bad for getting your feet wet. Offer $750  

All you're really getting here for a thousand dollars is two sub par locations, one of which they'd have to pay me to take.  You already know our feelings about that Antares crap, so I won't dwell on that.  The second location might be alright with two full size machines in there.  Any outside soda machine should have a cage on it.

Yes, I know Antares are POS (from reading in this forum), but thinking on replacing them at least on the better performing machines..

I would leave the Coke machine if the owner is ok with it. You haven't stole it as long as you don;t move it and you have permission from business, Fill it with what ever you want. They may never pick it up and you won't have to worry about quotas. Then you can concentrate on finding machines for the other locations. $1,000 isn't bad for getting your feet wet. Offer $750  

Yes, that's what I'm gonna do ask the owner when i see him if i can take over, wonder what Coke would say if they found out.. The machine seems to be in pretty good shape too..

I probably can get it for $750, but i kind of verbally agreed to the 1K,

Lot of times they pull them and scrap them anyways...

That would be a shame, the machine seems fairly new...

Yes, that's what I'm gonna do ask the owner when i see him if i can take over, wonder what Coke would say if they found out.. The machine seems to be in pretty good shape too..

I probably can get it for $750, but i kind of verbally agreed to the 1K,

That would be a shame, the machine seems fairly new...

Do the whole world a favor, scrap those flimsy machines!

Nothing but plastic and even cheaper tin!

Don't waste time on them!

cajun

Guys, first of all as always thanks a lot for taking the time to respond!!!

I'd like to pick your brain.

Should i swap the machines on the better location and replace it with somewhat better combo machines any suggestion on the replacement machine something that is decent both in quality and price, used obviously..

The Coke machine if i get to take over should i use the same drinks Coke refilled it or diversify it a bit better and thinking of dropping the price to 1.25 from $2 they have now, if the owner agree to it though..

Thanks

Do the whole world a favor, scrap those flimsy machines!

Nothing but plastic and even cheaper tin!

Don't waste time on them!

cajun

Hi Cajun,

I was referring to the Coke machine that looks in good shape..

What kind of combo you recommend  to replace the machines with ?

Moondog,

What do you mean should have a cage on it ?? Something to be protected against theft ? The current one don't have anything if that's what you were referring..

Morning tnycman

I have Vendos, Dixie Narcos, Royals cold drink machines.

Find the largest cold drink machine possible to put at said location.

Reason for that is to cut down the number of trips to machine for refill, less gas burnt, more profit in pocket.

Multi-price machine to sell bottles of water and Gatorade or Powerade.

Sell cans in rest of machine because cans has a longer expiration date.

Bottled Coke three months versus ten months for can Coke.

As for those China made machines, don't waste time on them, cold drink/chip combo.

Cages for cold drink machines is a must in some area of the country, vandalism will kill any profit!

Good luck!

Any question on any machines you looking at post on here and some body will answer.

cajun 

Guys, first of all as always thanks a lot for taking the time to respond!!!

I'd like to pick your brain.

Should i swap the machines on the better location and replace it with somewhat better combo machines any suggestion on the replacement machine something that is decent both in quality and price, used obviously..

The Coke machine if i get to take over should i use the same drinks Coke refilled it or diversify it a bit better and thinking of dropping the price to 1.25 from $2 they have now, if the owner agree to it though..

Thanks

Hi Cajun,

I was referring to the Coke machine that looks in good shape..

What kind of combo you recommend  to replace the machines with ?

Moondog,

What do you mean should have a cage on it ?? Something to be protected against theft ? The current one don't have anything if that's what you were referring..

Any decent combo machine will cost you your left nut,  Forget the combos and move that Coke machine inside with a decent snack machine in the second location.  Shut the first location down, just give the location owner that Antares and leave.

Any decent combo machine will cost you your left nut,  Forget the combos and move that Coke machine inside with a decent snack machine in the second location.  Shut the first location down, just give the location owner that Antares and leave.

LOL- Moondog, what you say makes sense, however the places are completely separated where the mechanic shop has a separate sitting are with 1 combo machine there, and the car wash is on the other side with a difference entrance and waiting are..So, then one place will sell snacks and the other one drinks, and there is no room for two machines next to each other on either side the carwash and the mechanic.. That's why i was thinking on having a combo that will serve both snacks and  can drinks for inside the car wash and mechanic and "maybe" utilize the bottle Coke machine outside as long as i can possible can..

I hope i explained my self better this time..

Thanks bud.

Morning tnycman

I have Vendos, Dixie Narcos, Royals cold drink machines.

Find the largest cold drink machine possible to put at said location.

Reason for that is to cut down the number of trips to machine for refill, less gas burnt, more profit in pocket.

Multi-price machine to sell bottles of water and Gatorade or Powerade.

Sell cans in rest of machine because cans has a longer expiration date.

Bottled Coke three months versus ten months for can Coke.

As for those China made machines, don't waste time on them, cold drink/chip combo.

Cages for cold drink machines is a must in some area of the country, vandalism will kill any profit!

Good luck!

Any question on any machines you looking at post on here and some body will answer.

cajun 

The area is OK, i don't think I need a cage..

So there is no way to find a semi-decent combo used or refurbished that would get the job done without "losing a nut" like MoonDog put it ? :)

Until you find your machines opened like a sardine can

Anyway just get two pop machines cheap and do cans there

My understanding is that the Coke machine has been outside for few years now with no incidents, but I will consider adding some type of protection if i do add my own machine there..

First is ap 7600 over priced worth 600

Second is dixie bevmax 5591 with entrays worth 1000

Actually the dixie is worth 700

Is Dixie any decent machine ?? it does what I'm looking for Snacks and Sodas..

First is ap 7600 over priced worth 600

Second is dixie bevmax 5591 with entrays worth 1000

Actually the dixie is worth 700

$700 because it needs refrigerant and the few rows repaired, or that's a fair price for this machine working ??

LOL- Moondog, what you say makes sense, however the places are completely separated where the mechanic shop has a separate sitting are with 1 combo machine there, and the car wash is on the other side with a difference entrance and waiting are..So, then one place will sell snacks and the other one drinks, and there is no room for two machines next to each other on either side the carwash and the mechanic.. That's why i was thinking on having a combo that will serve both snacks and  can drinks for inside the car wash and mechanic and "maybe" utilize the bottle Coke machine outside as long as i can possible can..

I hope i explained my self better this time..

Thanks bud.

The area is OK, i don't think I need a cage..

So there is no way to find a semi-decent combo used or refurbished that would get the job done without "losing a nut" like MoonDog put it ? :)

Sounds like you'll be stuck with combo machines if you do this deal.  We don't like combo machines because they can't hold enough product to make enough money justify the service in most cases.  You have a different situation here with two machines.  You should keep your eye  open for a good deal on a  Crane, AP or AMS combo machine.  They will hold much more product than those Antares Golphers.  If you can;t find one on the open market, here's what you can expect http://www.amequipmentsales.com/refurb_ams35combo.htm.  It'll take a loooong time to pay that off. I wasn't kidding about your left nut  ;D  ;D  ;D

Found these :

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bfs/4994130080.html

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/for/4965012424.html

The last one looks great, but i will lose both nuts if i purchase two of these..lol

The first one is not a combo machine and the second one, while being a fine machine, is way overpriced.

I like the machine, but damn over 3k, its a bit too high..

You guys made me rethink the whole deal.

Most of us probably would pass on this.  Not enough income to justify the capitalization it needs.

Archived