First Honor Box Questions

I am interested in buying some honor boxes and plan on starting out with 10.  Before I buy them I wanted to find out a few things first. 

Are you guys using the mini york patties or the regular size?

Is there somewhere to buy the mints at a good price besides sams and bj's?  I have no memberships and am not sure if it's worth getting one for only 10 boxes.

Ok, I wasn't sure, I thought they were sold individually wrapped.

I checked out prices and Walmart has a 40oz bag (approx 84 mints) of yorks for $9 plus tax.  Is this an ok deal or would you go with the cheaper pearson mints?

Ya sams, Costco, Bjs are your best options as seems most costs are doubled elsewhere. And your gonna need Prob 3 175 count boxes just to fill the 10 boxes you have so that alone would pay for a membership cost.

If they are going to put 100 mints per box that should be 6 boxes of mints with 50 left over using my calculator.

Ok, I wasn't sure, I thought they were sold individually wrapped.

I checked out prices and Walmart has a 40oz bag (approx 84 mints) of yorks for $9 plus tax.  Is this an ok deal or would you go with the cheaper pearson mints?

175 ft boxes at Sam's club are $12.48 per box. If you are planning to do this part of full time buying at Sams or BJ would be the way to go. The membership alone is worth it's weight in York peppermint patties.

If they are going to put 100 mints per box that should be 6 boxes of mints with 50 left over using my calculator.

175 ft boxes at Sam's club are $12.48 per box. If you are planning to do this part of full time buying at Sams or BJ would be the way to go. The membership alone is worth it's weight in York peppermint patties.

I only start my boxes with 50...

I only start my boxes with 50...

Why? There made to hold 100 comfortably. I start everybody at 100 and go from there. I don't like having an account constantly calling me to service location just to put 50 mints in.

Why? There made to hold 100 comfortably. I start everybody at 100 and go from there. I don't like having an account constantly calling me to service location just to put 50 mints in.

Yes they can hold 100 doesn't mean you have to put that many to start. Yes I have 100 in some of my locations. But I found it easiest to start with 50 when I started so I could get my boxes out. And then the better locations I added more mints too.

Not saying one way is right or wrong just giving my opinion and what worked for me.

i cram some of the boxes with 125 just to get that extra day or two.  i only got around 30 out right now (thanks to Rodney) but they have far exceeded my expectations in revenue.  Got a little money coming in August so gonna buy another 125 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

i got some that empty out in 6-7 days most can go 10-12 days and i got a couple that goes 14-18 days.  had one emptying every 3-4 days but now that its summer and so hot and location is a dockside cafe that doest have ac i had to switch to blow pops, now service runs every 8-10 days.  i got a design of a box that resembles the sheridan acrylic box but has a 45 degree angle on the front and the coin box area is moved foward and split with half of area being for product.  just got to find someone to make it at a decent price.

Archived