does anyone use the pink ribbon honor boxes from Sheridan system?

biomek1

Hello, i am new to this forum and plan on starting a charity honor box route in the very near future. I was just wondering if anyone here uses the pink ribbon boxes from Sheridan Systems and what their thoughts are on these boxes? Do you notice a decrease in shortage with these particular boxes? Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hello, i am new to this forum and plan on starting a charity honor box route in the very near future. I was just wondering if anyone here uses the pink ribbon boxes from Sheridan Systems and what their thoughts are on these boxes? Do you notice a decrease in shortage with these particular boxes? Any and all info is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Read through the honor box part of the forum. It's a wealth of information. Shortages, where to place them, where to get your boxes, and so on. Do your due diligence and google everything, but from what I've seen, their box is among the best.

I use the acrylic boxes from Sheridan. They look a whole better than the cardboard ones IMO. Shortages are a part of the game. Keep an eye on that or it will literally eat away your profits.

Edited by treadmill

I use the acrylic boxes from Sheridan. They look a whole better than the cardboard ones IMO. Shortages are a part of the game. Keep an eye on that or it will literally eat away your profits.

Yes but he said he's just starting. Acrylic boxes are Expensive! So the pink ribbon boxes are great to start with. They also have a covering on the box so there easy to clean and don't get trashed as easily as the plain white boxes.

Yes but he said he's just starting. Acrylic boxes are Expensive! So the pink ribbon boxes are great to start with. They also have a covering on the box so there easy to clean and don't get trashed as easily as the plain white boxes.

They may be expensive but they are killer looking when sitting on a counter next to the cash register.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

As a new vendor but with experience as a manager. I just emailed Sheridan and called them based on threads that I read that they work with you in regards to not paying the “donation” until they are placed. The “secretary to the owner” said they do not and hung up on me. Wow. I’m shocked at the “customer service”. 

Ill be looking for another Honor Box company. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

35 minutes ago, BenjaminP said:

As a new vendor but with experience as a manager. I just emailed Sheridan and called them based on threads that I read that they work with you in regards to not paying the “donation” until they are placed. The “secretary to the owner” said they do not and hung up on me. Wow. I’m shocked at the “customer service”. 

Ill be looking for another Honor Box company. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Cameron packaging has simple white boxes and stellar service. I recommend starting with them. They have sorted out several things for me and even put together custom orders.

When you grow out of those look into the wood grain boxes from Sheridan or other suppliers, they may not have amazing service but they make good boxes.

Also, I have never felt the need to run charity boxes and have relatively low shortages.

I’d say it’s definitely the people you serve, not who you represent. If someone is going to steal they’re going to steal. They’re already showing they don’t think or care about who they’re hurting, nothing will change that.

I think that’s why we all have shortage, but almost no-one steals a box or opens it and takes money. They’re thoughtless and irresponsible, but they would never think of themselves as thieves.

Charity or No Charity...THAT is the question....lol.  Personally, I am not a fan of the charity route, and don't feel that it is necessary for a successful Honor Snack business.  NOW..if you are doing the Lollipop/Mint Honor boxes, that may be a different story.  Don't get me wrong,  I believe in supporting charities and my business has several that I make donations.  But to use them as part of the business, that part never really set well with me.  Just my 2 cents.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Bford said:

I have looked at several different sites trying to stay away from the charity boxes, the problem is that I feel like they look the best.

Are your talking for Honor Snacks or for the Mint/Lollipop honor boxes.  All the Pink Ribbon is for the Honor Snacks is a sticker, which in my opinion looks cheesy.  Just my 2 cents.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I use the cardboard pink ribbon boxes with yorks, and a few other types of candy. Margaret is pleasant to work with, and the boxes have held up very well for me over the last few years. Like mentioned above, they also are easy to clean, since there is a protective coating on them. I also have to agree that the acrylic boxes are pretty expensive to start out. They do look great, and can be a wonderful option if you have a location that may not have the room for a cardboard box. the acrylic has smaller dimensions, but holds about the same amount of candy. The outside dimensions of the cardboard box measures about 11.5x8 and 12 inches tall (to the very top of the box), and the acrylic is 10x6 and 10 inches high. I will say one thing I really like about the acrylic vs the cardboard boxes is the coin box. i have a few locations that are quite a ways from home, and have very high payment. With the cardboard boxes, sometimes there it can be a challenge for people to get more money in the coin box, and that isnt ever a issue with the acrylic boxes. I personally wish the coin box on the acrylic was darker, but I just use a little bit of static cling frosted window treatment to help keep the money a bit more hidden. Definitely do plenty of research, and best of luck!

• 3 months later...

I used the Sheridan card board boxes initially.  After business started moving upward, I had my acrylic boxes specially made in China.  The cost is less than half the cost of the acrylic if bought in the U.S.  Couple bucks higher than the card board.  I have seen a dramatic increase in sales with the acrylic.  They give a more professional appearance to the consumer.  Look great.