suppliers.. the good the bad and the ugly

hanihotdog

seems like the hot topic around here lately.. and I love it! I would love to see a permanent topic, or even subcategory where vendors can expose the good and the bad. I would also like to see the suppliers own up to their actions, or defend their actions.

on second thought, it's probably not a good idea! Because some people on this forum would probably take it to the point of public slander!

It's a great idea in theory. Being able to hold suppliers accountable on an open forum where they're free to comment or at least see what their customer's perception of them is would have benefits to both sides. I doubt we would ever see an honest discussion on this though. There are those that will slander and make false statements and then there are the shills that will try to defend and promote certain companies ad nauseam in an attempt to make them look better or others to look worse than they actually are. There would be no way to know the truth fullness or intent of the reviews and comments that are posted.

haters gonna hate, taters gonna tot! I think your comment is spot on. I base my opinion of suppliers on how they treat me, but it's been really nice to see that aa is consistent with their treatment! and that's all I'm going to say about that right now!

Being able to hold suppliers accountable on an open forum where they're free to comment or at least see what their customer's perception of them is would have benefits to both sides.

This was my vision for the supplier pipeline section.

My supplier of choice is Flatline. They don't have the vast selection some of the companies do, but their prices and sales team makes it all worthwhile for me. What the do have are all solid sellers for the most part- I've only ever had one real 'dud' from them. Fast shipping is the best.

My #2 favorite would be Allstar. My only regret is that after I ditched paper checks, it became considerably harder to order from Canada, so I haven't gotten anything from them in awhile. I always ordered in bulk to offset shipping costs, but what I ordered always sold great.

I like A&A well enough. I've had at least 4 different reps now, and the one I have now is pretty good when I can get in touch with him.

I also like Brand Vending, though they're in the same boat as A&A in that they aren't as easy to get in touch with if you're not a "power" customer. Likewise, everything seemed to be sold out unless you were preordering it in vast quantities.I finally stopped trying late last year, and phased out Squishland- it's a great product that sells well, but as I said in my other thread, I don't wait for suppliers.

I think flatline is great also they have the best flat and some good cap items. My favorite cap supplier is cardinal though. Big selection and great live displays. A&A is good especially for licensed caps but I buy more cardinal caps by a wide margin.

Cardnial and vsi for me. I had a billing dispute with A&A over just a few hundred dollars difference. One item of disagreement was a flat item price. They gave me a flat item with just 270 in a box, 10% less than the 300 normal quanity, i didnt know that and my rep didnt tell me. I felt they owed me 10% off that item. They refused to budge and so did I. I emailed both the kovens, my rep, everybody. They actually ended up taking legal action! After 15/20 years buying from them. I had to get a lawyer, pay it off in full before court, plus their legal fees and no discount and it was filled as a collection against my credit. Cost me thousands. Then i tried to buy a house, i had over 2/3 of the cost of the house as a down payment and they wanted a much higher loan rate and ended up denying my loan! I had to come up with all of it cash. What ever happened to the customer is always right?

Flatline by far is best all around. The only thing I like about AA is their selection and my sales rep (Cindy). The last two times I ordered from Cardinal I waited on my order for 8 days to arrive. I told them unless someone calls me and explains why it took so long I would not be ordering again, they haven't and I won't. TNT and Brand are good suppliers but shipping from west coast is expensive for Midwest guys. VSI is also good but Flatline has my flat business and a lot of my capsule business too.

Archived