possible twist on my plan comments? Puuu leeze

Cosmo

Good Day to all you vending advocates   Thank you all for your contributions to this helpful community. As I am still standing on the edge and have not quite dove in, yet  I do not have an in the trenches perspective to share yet but I’m discovering much while researching this business and I am happy to share all I find. I strive to add as much as I can to the value of this forum. My plan to enter this business is taking on a form very much inline with the moderators, expressed views. But an interesting twist is taking shape I will share at this time (it is still forming, and does, has a few untested elements about it. It’s looking like I’m going to get going with bulk machines distributed- filled- serviced and dispensed just like the community seems to agree is best. But because of my extensive background in the retail music industry I am exploring adding a rout of snack machines that dispense music accessories  guitar strings- cables-picks drum sticks and several more highly consumed 300%profit or higher items. Which I intend to place but (am still researchin) at music schools – teaching centers and record store’s (just examples to express the idea) I have found a local cat who sell’s used machines that do this( type of dispensing, for 600 and up because of my historical background in the industry I have called upon contacts which have opened up the supply doors to vast selections of items that can be offered at near internet  pricing for sale in a snack machine placement.

enviro. The retail music industry is like a spider on a hot stove right now and I am sorry to say that local access to such item’s is shriveling up badly. This sad state of affairs is country wide. I dont expect you to fully understand the depth of shrinkage in retail music establishments unless you’re a player or involved in that market some how. But I am shooting straight here I am dialed in to the music retail thing. and if this is of interest to you please ask me about it cause I probably got your answer. Please Please if any of you are sure I have lost my mind. Please slap me around and I’ll try to come to my senses I’m all about learning what needs to be learned and I appreciate being brought back to my senses when I have traveled down a rabbit trail I should not be heading. Any body up for tea with Alice? I hope you can pardon my inability to punctuate like I should.

Thanks Y’All

Cosmo.

Happy Unbirthday, Cosmo!  You are spot on as to what's happening to the music industry as it is also to many specialty industries across the country.  Even full line vending is a shadow of it's former self as our sad country moves from a design and manufacturing industry based economy into a service industry economy.  How many millions of minimum wage people in the service industry make enough money to spend it on things other than necessities?  Not many. 

As to your idea for a music-centric vending machine, I think it's worth a try.  There have been several bicycle parts vending machines making the news the past couple of years so with the right locations you could have a good niche for you to service.  It will be trial and error for a long time, I'm sure, but you could come on some strong locations with some perseverance.  Good luck to you.

Archived