USI 3014A

Thank you for your advice. 

I may have to pay a couple hundreds more than that because they will let me put a soda machine there. The location has 150+ people and it is a 24/7 facility.

Any suggestions on an used soda machine?  Royal, USI, Dixie Narco............

What about drinks? Is the snack machine alone doing that? The machine is not worth much (around $500 to $800) but if the account is doing $150 a week gross in snack sales only it would be worth up to $3900.00 which is one time net (half of gross sales). 

If you're just buying the machine - $500.  If you have to pay for the location too then maybe up to $800.

If you can find accounts doing $150 a week in snack only sales for $800 I will buy all you can find and I don't care if their is a machine or not. 

How much will you pay for a USI 3014a snack machine in a location making $150 a week?

Thanks

While I don't care much for that particular machine, I would pay three months gross for any account doing those numbers and put my own machine in there.  I'd be wary of this because the number just seems too high for a 4 wide, even if it is being serviced once a week.  My guess is that the seller is exaggerating his performance.  A very good snack machine account might do a hundred a week.

While I don't care much for that particular machine, I would pay three months gross for any account doing those numbers and put my own machine in there.  I'd be wary of this because the number just seems too high for a 4 wide, even if it is being serviced once a week.  My guess is that the seller is exaggerating his performance.  A very good snack machine account might do a hundred a week.

Those numbers do seem high (and I would be skeptical like you said) but he could just be servicing it a couple times a week. I have seen where guys didn't have a 5 wide for an account at the time of install and just end up servicing them more often. Yes, I would say a $100 a week is a good account but that is about my standard I want to see out of a snack machine on location. I will take $175.00 a week drink snack but prefer them doing closer to the $200 mark.  

Those numbers do seem high (and I would be skeptical like you said) but he could just be servicing it a couple times a week. I have seen where guys didn't have a 5 wide for an account at the time of install and just end up servicing them more often. Yes, I would say a $100 a week is a good account but that is about my standard I want to see out of a snack machine on location. I will take $175.00 a week drink snack but prefer them doing closer to the $200 mark.  

You have to remember Robert, that you're walking in some tall cotton compared to most of us.  We make our living on those $500 a month accounts,

You have to remember Robert, that you're walking in some tall cotton compared to most of us.  We make our living on those $500 a month accounts,

Not sure what that has to do with this post. However, many could be in the "tall cotton" if they wanted to be. :) 

Thank you for your advice. 

I may have to pay a couple hundreds more than that because they will let me put a soda machine there. The location has 150+ people and it is a 24/7 facility.

Any suggestions on an used soda machine?  Royal, USI, Dixie Narco............

While I normally get the biggest machine that will fit and opt for the big Royals. in this case your service cycle will be dictated by the snack machine, so a Dixie 501e should handle it just fine as you'll be there once a week anyway.  In an account this large, you should also consider CC readers which won't work in a 3014A so you may also be looking a new snack machine that's MDB compatible as well.

I got the account today and filled the machine right away. I am not sure it is as good as the seller claimed. I will know when I return to service it next week. It is a small gamble and I hope it pays out.

When I was there, at least 4 employees talked to me about their need for a soda machine. I tried to convince the location owner to give me more space to put a full size soda machine there. However, he wants me to put a combo machine there. If the sales number is right, I will have to service more often if I use a combo machine. I pay my employee to service the school accounts with combo machines three times a week. It significantly reduces my profit.

Thanks for the advice and comments. This forum rocks!

I got $40 for the first week :( .  I need to optimize the snack mix for the machine. However, it will not make what the seller claimed ($150 per week).  Maybe it can reach $100+ after I add a soda machine there.

Obviously, I overpaid the machine and the location. I learnt my lesson that I should do due diligence even for a small account.

I got $40 for the first week :( .  I need to optimize the snack mix for the machine. However, it will not make what the seller claimed ($150 per week).  Maybe it can reach $100+ after I add a soda machine there.

Obviously, I overpaid the machine and the location. I learnt my lesson that I should do due diligence even for a small account.

That's not a terrible number but we knew this guy was lying about the performance going in.  It's almost impossible to do $150 a week out of any snack machine much less a 4 wide.  If the snack machine is doing $160 a month there then a soda machine would likely do an additional $320 getting you pretty close to $500 a month which is the sweet spot for most of us.

Archived