Brochures:

For the life of me I can't find good brochures on the net… I usually customize them and make them my own.

Right now I need a brochure for a 501e live display also some snack machine brochures.

I have one snack machine brochure but could use a some better ones along with different drink machine brochures.

Can anyone steer me to some sample brochures ?

Yes along with a cover letter with my business history,objectives ect. 

I know it gets tricky in vending on what machines to show as each location may qualify for different machines not to mention what I have on hand.

Guess I will figure it out as I go.

Just put together a nice brochure with all your info and what you offer along with some pictures and examples of some machines. Have them printed on some nice paper by a printer and that will work very nice. 

That's what I did. Made a two sided brochure and laminated it so it's "harder" to throw away - sticks out a bit I hope. One side has a snapshot of who we are, what products we offer and approximate prices. The other side has a few machine pics and our contact information. Not too wordy but very clear and informative. It's worked great, very well received.

Yes, don't be too specific by showing brochures of what machines they might be getting as you'll most certainly never find the "machine in the brochure" when you need it.  Follow the advice above and use generic machine photos as representative of what you can provide.  Focus on your service and equipment quality, not on specific models of machines.

Thanks I know all this… I get tons of compliments on my amusement brochures and company profile.

I am looking for good pics on the net to start off with,then I customize them.

That's what I did. Made a two sided brochure and laminated it so it's "harder" to throw away - sticks out a bit I hope. One side has a snapshot of who we are, what products we offer and approximate prices. The other side has a few machine pics and our contact information. Not too wordy but very clear and informative. It's worked great, very well received.

Should you give out  any sample bag along with brochure to every location  you visit when you are prospecting also.

Samples aren't required unless you're trying to sell them on some very different snack items that aren't normally sold, such as healthy items.  Otherwise don't waste your time or money unless you just want to do it to be different than your competitors who don't give freebies out.

Samples aren't required unless you're trying to sell them on some very different snack items that aren't normally sold, such as healthy items.  Otherwise don't waste your time or money unless you just want to do it to be different than your competitors who don't give freebies out.

This^^^^

Samples aren't required unless you're trying to sell them on some very different snack items that aren't normally sold, such as healthy items. Otherwise don't waste your time or money unless you just want to do it to be different than your competitors who don't give freebies out.

What should be the answer if a location incharge asks what would be your prices.

Without knowing what they want ? Are we supposed to make price list also and attach it with brochure.

I told him it would be similar to any convenient store and I can be specific once he selects items

he wants in the vending machine.

Wrong answer?

What should be the answer if a location incharge asks what would be your prices.

Without knowing what they want ? Are we supposed to make price list also and attach it with brochure.

I told him it would be similar to any convenient store and I can be specific once he selects items

he wants in the vending machine.

Wrong answer?

I wouldn't make it too complicated.

Just tell him so much for chips and so much for soda ect.     

I do not give out brochures, way to much of a Pain in the butt. I go to the accounts with a generic price list that will list  can soda, bottle soda, Chips,  Cookies, candy, danishes  and tell them this is a generic starting point on the prices..  if they ask for a picture of the machine I explain that I carry a wide variety of vending machines and there would be no way for me to show them pictures, but then explain to them I use up to date validators, coinmechs and sometimes I will throw in that I use credit card readers if the account looks good. 

I keep everything very generalized so that they wont have any reason to kick me out because they don't like something or aren't getting something that your "brochure" showed

I do not give out brochures, way to much of a Pain in the butt. I go to the accounts with a generic price list that will list  can soda, bottle soda, Chips,  Cookies, candy, danishes  and tell them this is a generic starting point on the prices..  if they ask for a picture of the machine I explain that I carry a wide variety of vending machines and there would be no way for me to show them pictures, but then explain to them I use up to date validators, coinmechs and sometimes I will throw in that I use credit card readers if the account looks good. 

I keep everything very generalized so that they wont have any reason to kick me out because they don't like something or aren't getting something that your "brochure" showed

I completely understand that …. Thats what I am doing currently , don't want to locked in on a certain machine.

Its kind of easy to just talk about soda and snack machines with out showing them anything.

I mean they all look the same … snack machine is a snack machine. I have that brochure.

Soda machine is a soda machine except for glass front or different graphics.

However if I know what machine is going where then its not a bad thing to have that brochure.

But I agree its an easy business to keep generalized unless asked otherwise. Like my buddy always tells me I don't commit to anything .

I wouldn't make it too complicated.

Just tell him so much for chips and so much for soda ect.

this guy is a general manager of a company and manages three locations, I gave him by product list .

Next day he called and asked for machine dimensions, I gave him that along with picture of the machine on friday.Hope I did not make a big mistake.

Thats my question where exactly on the web? I haven't really found any good ones.

Search for specific machine and see if you can find high resolution image of that particular machine .I went to USI website and got some there.

NEVER give out a price list to a potential customer. This will but you behind the eight ball getting accounts. What happens if you are higher than their current vendor? Most likely you are not going to get a chance to propose unless they have really bad service. What happens if you are lower on price but they wanted to kick their current vendor out because of bad service? Now you you are committed to the lower prices you have shown them when you didn't have to have lower prices to get them to begin with and cost yourself money. 

Most people don't understand showing a "starting" price without a lot of "explaining". What happens if you are only able to give this "starting" price list to the gate keeper and not to the actual decision maker that you can not "explain" it to. 

It would be much better to show some machines and then put the wording "some of the types of machines we currently use". To be honest I have never had one person say they want that "exact" machine shown on a brochure except for one person that wanted a glass front bev machine. Even with that person I ended up putting something different than the picture shown. 

Their is ONLY one situation I ever show prices to anyone up front and it is when I have exhausted all effort to make contact with a MONSTER account (over 4k a week revenue) I will send them a blind proposal with low ball prices to see if I can get a call back. 

You have to remember vending is a SERVICE industry. We are all withing a nickle or two on price for the most part. I DO NOT want a customer that is that price driven because if they kicked out someone to allow you in because of price they will do they same to you if someone else comes along willing to bet you by a nickle on something. Give me the customer that appreciates a fair price but excellent service. 

NEVER give out a price list to a potential customer. This will but you behind the eight ball getting accounts. What happens if you are higher than their current vendor? Most likely you are not going to get a chance to propose unless they have really bad service. What happens if you are lower on price but they wanted to kick their current vendor out because of bad service? Now you you are committed to the lower prices you have shown them when you didn't have to have lower prices to get them to begin with and cost yourself money.

Most people don't understand showing a "starting" price without a lot of "explaining". What happens if you are only able to give this "starting" price list to the gate keeper and not to the actual decision maker that you can not "explain" it to.

It would be much better to show some machines and then put the wording "some of the types of machines we currently use". To be honest I have never had one person say they want that "exact" machine shown on a brochure except for one person that wanted a glass front bev machine. Even with that person I ended up putting something different than the picture shown.

Their is ONLY one situation I ever show prices to anyone up front and it is when I have exhausted all effort to make contact with a MONSTER account (over 4k a week revenue) I will send them a blind proposal with low ball prices to see if I can get a call back.

You have to remember vending is a SERVICE industry. We are all withing a nickle or two on price for the most part. I DO NOT want a customer that is that price driven because if they kicked out someone to allow you in because of price they will do they same to you if someone else comes along willing to bet you by a nickle on something. Give me the customer that appreciates a fair price but excellent service.

I never give an account anything till I absolutely have to...but if I can't hook them I hand them my pricing ....

Almost all of the better accounts that I have bid on require a price sheet..

I never give an account anything till I absolutely have to...but if I can't hook them I hand them my pricing ....

Almost all of the better accounts that I have bid on require a price sheet..

Of course they will require prices but would never just go in and start handing out prices without knowing what I am up against. This way you can try and earn their business based on what makes sense to both you and them. Yes, if they are a HUGE account you are having no luck with a contact then as a last hail marry you could do a blind proposal with ultra cheap prices to see if you can get them to contact you. 

this guy is a general manager of a company and manages three locations, I gave him by product list .

Next day he called and asked for machine dimensions, I gave him that along with picture of the machine on friday.Hope I did not make a big mistake.

Search for specific machine and see if you can find high resolution image of that particular machine .I went to USI website and got some there.

I NEVER give a product list because it is WAY to long. I just explain to them we carry name brand snacks like Frito Lay, Lance, Snider's , etc and can fill about any need. Also tell them you rotate snack selections based on sales and letting people try new product offerings so they will have a great variety. I will let a customer select some drinks but usually just tell them it will be a mix of Pepsi, and Coke products unless they have any specific request.

Why would he need machine dimensions? Haven't you already seen his existing vending or location where he wants it? If so you should have taken measurements of the area including any door ways ways you will need to go through and any other issues like steps.  

I see no reason to hide my prices but I am a bit cautious, for example, I will typically say "Chips: 65 to 85 cents depending on size."  I think being forthright and thorough with a marketing brochure is the best route, and it's worked well for me.

I see no reason to hide my prices but I am a bit cautious, for example, I will typically say "Chips: 65 to 85 cents depending on size."  I think being forthright and thorough with a marketing brochure is the best route, and it's worked well for me.

I am glad it has worked for you. I am not saying you cant land accounts doing that method but if you read my earlier post you will see where it has many disadvantages that can cost you in a couple ways. 

1. You may be lower than need be and cost yourself money because they wanted the other vendor out because of service. Lets say current vendor is .75 on regular size chips and you already committed to .65 because of your brochure yet they where wanting to kick them out because they had terrible service. Now you cost yourself .10 per bag ever sold at that account. 

2. You may be higher than the current vendor and not get a call back by the decision maker where you would get a chance to earn their business a different way such as better equipment, selection, etc. Let's say current vendor is at .55 on chips and you have .65 on your price range. You might not get a call back at all where you could have talked them into switching because you have a nice glass front sitting or you might even would meet their .55 price because you think the volume is good enough. However, you never got a chance to have those discussions because they didn't like your prices on your brochure and never called you back.

3. What happens if you have .65 to .85 depending on size but they are getting a commission of 10%. Now you are in a situation where you might not can honor the price because they are getting a commission from their current vendor. 

Its not a matter of being forthright. We are not hiding anything. Prices should fluctuate in a range based on each accounts needs and situation. This gives you the best opportunity to earn their business and maximize your profits. 

Archived