Candy Question

Bob258

Hi, I wanted to ask for some help. I have one of my machines next to someone else's and everyone tells me that they love their Mike & Ikes. They are Tropical M&I and it has what looks like large speckle round jelly beans mixed in. I looked for them and had no luck. I like changing what I offer in my machines and this may be a big seller that I could roll out everywhere.

Could anyone tell me what they are and where I could buy them at a good price?

Thank you very much for your help

Expensive goods, but solid sellers. When I first got started, I ran "Members Mark" Jelly Beans, a Jelly Belly knockoff that Sam's sells, and they sold really well. The margins on them weren't great, so I phased them out when I finally figured out what I was doing though.

The OP mentioned jelly beans mixed in with Mike and Ike. That does sound like an interesting strategy--mixing two types together so that maybe the M&I gives a lot of the profit, but the JB draws the attention of people who might not buy M&I on its own. . . .

Hi, I wanted to ask for some help. I have one of my machines next to someone else's and everyone tells me that they love their Mike & Ikes. They are Tropical M&I and it has what looks like large speckle round jelly beans mixed in. I looked for them and had no luck. I like changing what I offer in my machines and this may be a big seller that I could roll out everywhere.

Could anyone tell me what they are and where I could buy them at a good price?

Thank you very much for your help

Did u see what A&A has. They have a ton of candy.

The OP mentioned jelly beans mixed in with Mike and Ike. That does sound like an interesting strategy--mixing two types together so that maybe the M&I gives a lot of the profit, but the JB draws the attention of people who might not buy M&I on its own. . . .

A&A. I'll have to check them out. I think the Tropical M&I may work out good!

Over the past few months I've tried three new products.

Polar Mints, Tangy Tarts, and Tootsie Tarts. I wanted to give more choices in my machines and I've noticed that you have to change products a lot because people get tired of the same and also waste.

Choc. melts and M&I goes bad fast.

The Polar Mints were not liked anywhere.

The Tangy Tarts are selling ok and the same with the Tootsie Tarts. Though I see a lot of candy jams when I get to the locations. To me that is loosing quarters. I was thinking that I may try a spring in the canister.

If anyone has any suggestions of candy that is a big seller and will last longer in the hot weather, please share.

bananarama has done well for me... first month in they made almost as much as the peanut m&ms. Maybe it was because they were something new I dont know but Im pretty impressed and they should last. Also this was only 1 location.. a pizza joint with no dine in

Yes banana candy does pretty v good and they withstand heat really well. Another good seller is lemon candy that sells good too.

Banana candy withstands heat really well... Lemon hard shell candy is a good seller for me also.

Sorry my posts seemed to repeat itself... Making me sound like the psycho that I am!

Once in a while I put Runts out and every time I go to the location the machine would be jammed up. I notice that it was the bananas that were jamming. Though people do like the bananas it just doesn't work for me. I took all of the Runts home and I put on my rubber gloves and I took out all of the Bananas. They don't jam anymore.

I never tried the Lemon. That is what I'll try next.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Once in a while I put Runts out and every time I go to the location the machine would be jammed up. I notice that it was the bananas that were jamming. Though people do like the bananas it just doesn't work for me. I took all of the Runts home and I put on my rubber gloves and I took out all of the Bananas. They don't jam anymore.

I never tried the Lemon. That is what I'll try next.

Thanks for the suggestions.

There is the smallest size bananas..I run those in my vendstars..they seem to never jam up.I have them at a garage where their rough on the machine too..

There is the smallest size bananas..I run those in my vendstars..they seem to never jam up.I have them at a garage where their rough on the machine too..

Yeah lemon candy I'm talking about are small and round..I don't think they'll ever jam up really.

There's a vendor near me, we share quite a few locs

He has own mix in almost all that I see

Runts

Skittles

Mike Ike

Jelly beans ( regular )

Must do ok he's been running it for years

Are you saying he mixed all these together as a single vend product? Oooo, sounds fun!

I use Daily Chef  Gourmet Jelly Bean from Sam's. My local Sam's does not carry Jelly Belly. I use them in a few machines. Mike & Ike is a good seller, but I have a terrible time with them in the Summer. It does not take much heat and humidity for them to become a sticky mess. As a matter of fact, I have two machines now where they must be pulled for a substitute. Once they begin to melt, they cease to vend.       

My daddy taught me two important things to know in this business. 1. Dont drink from the big cup in the back of the truck with the letter "P" on it 2. This flow chart to fix everything. Every vendor needs to memorize this chart and you will always be able to fix anything in this business. Please add these essential supplies to your toolbox.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wd+40+duct+tape&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#imgrc=QRQTWTBFEBBzGM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fc1.staticflickr.com%252F9%252F8160%252F7214525854_733237dd83_z.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.reddit.com%252Fr%252FLifeProTips%252Fcomments%252F3188im%252Flpt_use_wd40_for_wasp_nest_mitigation%252F%3B614%3B457

Archived