Crispy M&M's, great price

lowcountry Dan

I found that Sam's has the 37 oz. bag of Crispy M&M's for $2.91 per bag. That's only $.008 per ounce!  That's a great price. I'm going to give them a try. I like them, and hope my customers will as well.  These days, it's pretty hard to get a good candy at these prices.  Also, I just saw a commercial for them. That's the advantage of Mars candies, everybody is familiar with them. Let me know if anybody else is using them.   

I found that Sam's has the 37 oz. bag of Crispy M&M's for $2.91 per bag. That's only $.008 per ounce!  That's a great price. I'm going to give them a try. I like them, and hope my customers will as well.  These days, it's pretty hard to get a good candy at these prices.  Also, I just saw a commercial for them. That's the advantage of Mars candies, everybody is familiar with them. Let me know if anybody else is using them.   

Not trying to nitpick, Dan, but I think you mean $.08 per ounce. . .  those extra zeros will get ya! B)

It does sound like a great price, though! How many vends per ounce?

Jimoutside,  I mean 8 cents per ounce, as you mentioned.  That is a great price for candy, especially name brand candy. As far as amounts, it's sort of psychological. Let me explain, people expect a handful of candy for a quarter.. They really don't care about your costs.  You'd be surprised what some people expect for a quarter.  Five or six pieces.should do. Anyway, I'm going to put them in a few machines, replacing Mike & Ike that are getting melted.    

Dan, I counted out a small bag of crispy M+M's and found that there are about 28 Crispy's per ounce.

That's 4.66666 vends per ounce by your numbers.

That's 1.7 pennies per vend, which is 6.86% cost of goods sold.

Which is SMASHING cheap. Don't want to tell you how to do things, but if it were me I think I would open up the dispenser a little more and let it vend about 9-10 instead of 6, which would bring it around 10% COG, and make for happier repeat customers.

Jimoutside,  I mean 8 cents per ounce, as you mentioned.  That is a great price for candy, especially name brand candy. As far as amounts, it's sort of psychological. Let me explain, people expect a handful of candy for a quarter.. They really don't care about your costs.  You'd be surprised what some people expect for a quarter.  Five or six pieces.should do. Anyway, I'm going to put them in a few machines, replacing Mike & Ike that are getting melted.

If you think m&i melt wait til the mm melt and explode.

My favorite thing about the internet is you can get vending advice from people with zero vending machines and zero vending advice! Its on the internet , so its got to be true! Thanks Jim!

Dan, I counted out a small bag of crispy M+M's and found that there are about 28 Crispy's per ounce.

That's 4.66666 vends per ounce by your numbers.

That's 1.7 pennies per vend, which is 6.86% cost of goods sold.

Which is SMASHING cheap. Don't want to tell you how to do things, but if it were me I think I would open up the dispenser a little more and let it vend about 9-10 instead of 6, which would bring it around 10% COG, and make for happier repeat customers.

If you think m&i melt wait til the mm melt and explode.

Point taken. I'll be wary, but after over 5 years of having constant trouble with Mike and Ike in the Summer, I have to look for options. Maybe Runts is best for the heat.. I think if I put these in places with decent AC, I'll be OK. I was using Reees's as a substitute, but they are now too expensive.  Of course if they don't sell, it's back to the drawing board. 

Archived