Got My 5th Location!

BaneTrain

Well today while I was doing my rounds for my full time job, I spotted perfect opportunities to expand my number locations. I asked the manager of a local hotel if I could place a machine in the lobby and boom, landed my fifth location! They are excited to have me. I hope it will be near the check in desk and not in the first set of doors where it could easily be stolen. Does anyone have hotel/motel locations? If so, how do they do on average per month? Thanks guys. 

It would be good to know what sort of a hotel/motel too--as we know, they range in quality drastically, from the flea-bag places up to the exclusive places where the "important people" go.

Let's just say on trip booking sites it's a two star and it's main clientele seem to be truck drivers passing through or people looking for a decent place for cheap....lol

Well, I may not know much, but to my rookie perceptions, this sounds like a decent sort of place to put one, especially if, like you say, it's near the front desk where people aren't tempted to steal or destroy it.

I saw a candy machine in the water district office when I went in to pay my bill today. I would love to know how well it pays out, but at least people are not likely to steal it or vandalize it right beside the bill-pay desk at a quasi-government agency! (Though you never know)

Well, I may not know much, but to my rookie perceptions, this sounds like a decent sort of place to put one, especially if, like you say, it's near the front desk where people aren't tempted to steal or destroy it.

I think so, they were excited I asked. There is a nice little sitting area near the front desk. I hope they let me put it near there. If it's in the first set of doors, I might as well say bye bye candy machine you're either going on a semi or being sold for drug money. To the more experienced guys is it rude if I insist on the machine being in a certain area? I am just looking out for myself and my property but this might not sit well with management. 

I don't know if it's rude to insist on where the machine is placed, but I would suppose that the subject could be broached in either a rude manner or a tactful manner. . . . and that is where I would begin the conversation, with a tactful inquiry about whether they mind if you place the machine in "that particular spot over there"

More great vending and locating advice from our resident tire kicker and expert with a route of zero machines, thanks Jim. Im think its time to poop or get off the toilet and spend $100 on your first machine. A day of locating and delivering it , will help you decide if vending is for you or not. Good luck!

I happen to know a great deal about life. I'm also wise enough not to have started vending yet, until I am GOOD AND READY.

Besides, $100 for a machine is more than I want to pay, unless it comes with a location already.

I happen to know a great deal about life. I'm also wise enough not to have started vending yet, until I am GOOD AND READY.

Besides, $100 for a machine is more than I want to pay, unless it comes with a location already.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude but if your in the mind set that your not going to belly up 100 unless it's located already then I can tell you this is not for you. Guys in that mind set of get in cheap not willing to invest the cash don't make it.

Well today while I was doing my rounds for my full time job, I spotted perfect opportunities to expand my number locations. I asked the manager of a local hotel if I could place a machine in the lobby and boom, landed my fifth location! They are excited to have me. I hope it will be near the check in desk and not in the first set of doors where it could easily be stolen. Does anyone have hotel/motel locations? If so, how do they do on average per month? Thanks guys.

Well when I had my bulk route about 5 yrs ago or so I had a couple of hotels. They were in the lobby of the hotel and did quite well.

I have a triple in a low budget motel lobby and a triple in the vending room of a higher scale motel. The one in the nice motel does $10-$15 a month and the one in the cheap motel is all over the place, $5-$30 a month. But congrats on getting your location. If you don't have too much invested in your machine, you should be all profit pretty quickly.

Well when I had my bulk route about 5 yrs ago or so I had a couple of hotels. They were in the lobby of the hotel and did quite well.

I hope mine does as well! It will be a double with gumballs and skittles.

I have a triple in a low budget motel lobby and a triple in the vending room of a higher scale motel. The one in the nice motel does $10-$15 a month and the one in the cheap motel is all over the place, $5-$30 a month. But congrats on getting your location. If you don't have too much invested in your machine, you should be all profit pretty quickly.

I'm hoping that since it's a cheap motel it will do at least $15 a month but we will see and thank you! I have really been enjoying this business so far.

It can be fun. don't get too serious about it. it's some spare money and we all lose locations and we all have locations that don't do well. it's nothing personal if you lose one or a location makes less than expected.

I will try not to, I am at the point where I have enough machines and don't want to invest more until I see how it goes. I plan on losing locations or pulling some. I hope a tattoo shop I have one in is doing well. I am checking it this week after 2 weeks, nervous that it has chocolate in it.

I think that to be truely successful in this business the proper attitude is you will NEVER have enough machines out.

Funny you said this, I got my 6th location now at a Tire and Auto shop and I am now OUT of machines...and I still wan't more ha ha.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you collected yet? How did it do?

I collected after 10 days and it did $7.75. The manager wanted me to add more machines so I am putting a bouncy ball in there soon and making it a triple. 

Archived