Ap 6600xl coins getting stuck

Gamvend

Hello,

I am having an issue with an AP 6000xl snack machine. Coins, especially dimes, are getting stuck between that black plastic coin chute assembly and the metal chute that guides them into the coin mechanism. No matter what adjustments I make with the chute, they continue to get stuck. I called Vendors Exchange to order a new chute and the lady in parts identified the part as 600422 but said the part was no longer available. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Justin

Hello,

I am having an issue with an AP 6000xl snack machine. Coins, especially dimes, are getting stuck between that black plastic coin chute assembly and the metal chute that guides them into the coin mechanism. No matter what adjustments I make with the chute, they continue to get stuck. I called Vendors Exchange to order a new chute and the lady in parts identified the part as 600422 but said the part was no longer available. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Justin

I had the same problem awhile back on one I picked up with an account purchase.  I got one from vending world for about 6 bucks.  Odd that VE doesn't carry this part, they pretty much specialize in AP parts for this series.

Thanks for your reply moondog, replacing this chute completely stoped this from happening?

I was surprised that they didn't have this part too. I think she was having a tough time reading the manual because the chute is actually a few different parts screwed together.I'm not sure.

Thanks for your reply moondog, replacing this chute completely stoped this from happening?

I was surprised that they didn't have this part too. I think she was having a tough time reading the manual because the chute is actually a few different parts screwed together.I'm not sure.

You can PM me to get this replacement part.  I have them in stock.

The one I replaced had a spot where somebody had chewed out a section with a drill - because of it's location, it took me a couple of tries to find.  And yes the new chute solved the problem.

Those plastic coin chutes frequently become scored and scarred when a coin jam happens, and someone feels like playing Amature Vending Mechanic from outside of the machine with a pocketknife. I'd order an extra to have on hand. Once they get broken, they need to be replaced ASAP. They may seem like they'll still work, but you'll have an errant dime get stuck, and they cycle will continue.

Archived