Vendo 480P

Ok, picked up my first Vendo today.  Seems like a nice machine and i'm very happy it doesn't have shims like the Dixie machines.  My question is in regards to the Coinco mech.  It seems to work fine, accepts and returns change but after testing the various columns and running $20.00 in quarters thru it the machine still says use exact change. Is this because i did not use any nickels and dimes (just quarters) or do i need to use the coin fill prompt thru the service mode?  

All in all it appears to be a very nice machine and simple to set up, anyone else use or have experience with the 480P that can give me some overall  tips?  

My understanding is that you must always have at least nickels. How can a machine give 5 cents change back if there are no nickels? You might have exact change on you, but the coin mech must be able to give change for any possible amount.

Also, in a machine that advanced, there is a "Tube Fill" mode that you should use to ensure the proper number of coins is counted into each tube.  I know that is counter-intuitive to the fact that there are tube level sensors, but that's the way that MDB handles coin inventories.

Even if your price is set at $1.50, if someone inserts 1 dollar bill, a quarter, and three dimes ($1.55), your machine will need to give 5 cents back. If they insert $1.60 (it can be done), they would need 10 cents back. If the coin mech didn't force the user to provide exact change when low on nickels or dimes, the customer could get ripped off.

Archived