Odd "problem"

I have a dn 600E with a TRC 6512 and a mars vn 2512. It would be full of change and maybe 15 bills. I assumed the bill acceptor was just dirty so I replaced it with a mars 2702. I arrived today and noticed the exact same thing. An employee approached me to tell me about it and I asked if it's still not taken bills within the last two weeks. He said yes, but when he put his bill in, it started to take it. He said that it won't even try to take bills most of the time.

I have concluded that neither bill acceptor is problematic but perhaps the coin mech is problematic. Maybe it's a tube fill issue or a sensor issue in the coin mech causing the coin mech to think it's low in change. Anyone have any ideas? It took 8 bills in a row for me.

I have a dn 600E with a TRC 6512 and a mars vn 2512. It would be full of change and maybe 15 bills. I assumed the bill acceptor was just dirty so I replaced it with a mars 2702. I arrived today and noticed the exact same thing. An employee approached me to tell me about it and I asked if it's still not taken bills within the last two weeks. He said yes, but when he put his bill in, it started to take it. He said that it won't even try to take bills most of the time.

I have concluded that neither bill acceptor is problematic but perhaps the coin mech is problematic. Maybe it's a tube fill issue or a sensor issue in the coin mech causing the coin mech to think it's low in change. Anyone have any ideas? It took 8 bills in a row for me.

I have been having similar problems with the MDB Mars coin mechs.  Mine will work one day and not the next.  Randy, over at Vending World thinks that there's something about the Mars that causes them to lose their tuning so I've begun to switch back to the Coinco 9302-GX units and so far this has worked.  I'll have to say that I am perplexed as I spent a lot of time getting all standardized with the 6512's and still have a bunch of them out there.  One step forward and two steps back I guess.

The tuning of a coin mech has nothing to do with the coin inventories in the tubes so I wouldn't be too quick to blame the coin mech for a bill issue if the mech is accepting coins just fine.  This issue of not even trying to take the bill is usually related to the machine not knowing the true coin tube counts.  This is why the Tube Fill mode must be used to fill the tubes initially and then later as well when topping them off.  This will ensure that the MDB logic will always know what the tube counts are so that the validator will continue to be enabled.

The tuning of a coin mech has nothing to do with the coin inventories in the tubes so I wouldn't be too quick to blame the coin mech for a bill issue if the mech is accepting coins just fine.  This issue of not even trying to take the bill is usually related to the machine not knowing the true coin tube counts.  This is why the Tube Fill mode must be used to fill the tubes initially and then later as well when topping them off.  This will ensure that the MDB logic will always know what the tube counts are so that the validator will continue to be enabled.

Actually mine would accept bills just fine but not take coins.  Of course when I drove out here to check it, it worked just fine.  As this has occurred several times, I began switching over to the Coinco.  I got tired of burning gas on this issue.

Actually mine would accept bills just fine but not take coins. Of course when I drove out here to check it, it worked just fine. As this has occurred several times, I began switching over to the Coinco. I got tired of burning gas on this issue.

Machines like to do that. It's like a child who throws a tantrum until you give it attention. Then it acts like it never misbehaved.

And to think I'm trying my best to go all Mars vn 6510 or 6512, to get away from coinco!

Go figure! lol!

cajun

That was my thinking too, but now that I've done it I'm told that most of the more experienced vendors use Mars BAs and Coinco mechs - Aargh !

I have a bit of a bias regarding the 9302-gx as one of the best 3-tube MDB mechs. Once you get into refurbished 4/5 tube mechs, I think it's a tossup. The mars 4500's (or whatever they are) appear reliable. Conlux aren't bad. I think the 9302-gx just has one of the most refined designs that it seems to be incredibly reliable, whereas the newer designs have so many potential problems that it might not get resolved until they standardize their designs and parts (meaning... Stop making new models).

I have a Conlux in a USI two wide just for the nickle and dime it holds.

It has worked flawless so far.

I have two Mars vn-4510  after having them fixed, they work great so far.

cajun

Coincidence quantum pros are unreliable from my experience. The vortex has issues after it gets worn too. Those are just not reliable designs and I think they realized that.

Coincidence quantum pros are unreliable from my experience. The vortex has issues after it gets worn too. Those are just not reliable designs and I think they realized that.

Yep dumped all the ones I owned - too much trouble

Archived