Keurig In National 147

Randy 805

So, today I was contacted by my best location, they've refurbished their break room and in the process have added a Keurig machine on one of the counters, I took a quick look at it but don't know the model number. Anyways, they'd like to know if I could provide them with the necessary K-Cups, regular cups, and I'm assuming creamer & sugar.... I wasn't too hip on the idea at first, but after some thought I'm considering it. The variables are the following:

K-Cups - Where to get them at the best price, which are the best selling flavors, will they work in the machine they have placed?

Regular Cups - I have one other coffee machine in service, an old AP 112 I think, I'm planning on using the 8.4 oz. cups from there so I won't have to buy another size.

Creamer & Sugar - I suppose I can just get the powdered stuff and put them out by the machine and refill as necessary.

Things I'm Not Sure Of - Will the K-Cups vend out of the coils of the Nat. 147? Who will service the Keurig machine when it breaks, I don't think they bought it from the company, rather it looks to be a Costco version possibly. What price per cup would make it worth my while to provide this service? And will that price be reasonable for an 8.4 oz. cup of coffee?

I do have a few coils in the machine with stuff that's not selling too well, so I could use those, but I'm not sure the K-Cup will vend properly....

I noticed this article posted by AZ last year, I wonder if there's been any developments with this...can I throw any K-Cup into these machines or just the ones from Keurig?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-keurig-drm/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The K cups will vend in any properly sized dual spiral selection.  You would need to find out what the output of the brewer is so you'll know if your 8.25 oz. cups will be large enough.  You might need 10 oz or 12 oz cups and they should probably be insulated from burns.  There also used to be a sleeve you could get that fit around a vending cup to protect from the heat but I don't remember the supplier's name.  Search for cups sleeves or vending cup sleeves perhaps.  The Keurig machine isn't serviced by anyone that I'm aware of except the manufacturer and I presume it's a rather disposable machine as most electronics are now.  Besides, your location bought this so if it breaks then they have to replace it, not you.

Another part of this you're not seeing is that you won't worry about how much to charge for a cup as the machine doesn't take money.  You will sell your K cups for enough to cover your cup and ancillary costs and to make a profit on each serving. 

That's kind of along the lines that I was thinking...sell the K-Cups out of the machine but adding in the cost of the cups, creamer & sugar that will be placed by the machine.  That said, what would be a fair price for a cup?

So, today I was contacted by my best location, they've refurbished their break room and in the process have added a Keurig machine on one of the counters, I took a quick look at it but don't know the model number. Anyways, they'd like to know if I could provide them with the necessary K-Cups, regular cups, and I'm assuming creamer & sugar.... I wasn't too hip on the idea at first, but after some thought I'm considering it. The variables are the following:

K-Cups - Where to get them at the best price, which are the best selling flavors, will they work in the machine they have placed?

Regular Cups - I have one other coffee machine in service, an old AP 112 I think, I'm planning on using the 8.4 oz. cups from there so I won't have to buy another size.

Creamer & Sugar - I suppose I can just get the powdered stuff and put them out by the machine and refill as necessary.

Things I'm Not Sure Of - Will the K-Cups vend out of the coils of the Nat. 147? Who will service the Keurig machine when it breaks, I don't think they bought it from the company, rather it looks to be a Costco version possibly. What price per cup would make it worth my while to provide this service? And will that price be reasonable for an 8.4 oz. cup of coffee?

I do have a few coils in the machine with stuff that's not selling too well, so I could use those, but I'm not sure the K-Cup will vend properly....

I noticed this article posted by AZ last year, I wonder if there's been any developments with this...can I throw any K-Cup into these machines or just the ones from Keurig?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-keurig-drm/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sam's Club has a wide variety of flavors starting at about 40 cents a cup if bought in case lots.  Technivend sells an a adapter to vend these out of the candy coils.  If you provide a 12 oz cup, you should be able to charge a dollar each.

Archived